Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John Miller (Business Strategist)     10 November 2020

How do i run the ownership without changing the gst?

My father has expired, he is running an industry as a sole proprietorship. I want to the change the GST registration. How do I run the ownership without changing the GST?


 2 Replies

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     10 November 2020

You need to file for fresh registration.
Registration to be done by successor: As per section 22(3) of the CGST Act, from the date of such succession, you have to file application in FORM GST REG-01 electronically in the portal by mentioning the reason to obtain Registration as death of the proprietor. A death certificate all along with all other related documents to be filled.
2 Like

LegalWizin (Online Legal Service)     12 November 2020

A sole proprietorship has no separate identity than the proprietor himself. GST Online Registration is obtained based on the PAN only. In your case since the proprietor is no more, the PAN is not valid anymore and hence so is GST Registration. You need to take a new GST Registration but before that you need to surrender the previous GST Registration that was taken based on your father’s PAN. Once, it is surrendered you can take the new GST Registration and here you can keep the tradename as it is. This shall help you maintain the brand that was in use.

To get your GST Registration with the help of Professionals please visit:

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query