Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Aggarwal (Lawyer)     23 March 2010

How compound the offence

In cheque dishonour case i am for the accused side. My accused is facing tril last 8 year. Cheque amount Is Rs. 1,30,000/- Now my client is suffering from heart problem and he want to pay the cheque amout with interst to complainant. but complainant do't want to get compromise in this case and he want to make conviction to my accused. Judge has also requested several time to the complainant about  compromise but complainant is stand on conviction. What should we do for compounding the offence when accused is ready to pay cheque amout with interest and expense.


 2 Replies

Deepankar Dutt Sharma (Advocate)     23 March 2010

I feel that it is the discretion of the court to decide the matter in this case court may award 2times of the cheque or be punished which can extent to 2years.

Vikas Aggarwal (Lawyer)     24 March 2010

but this is not solution. Its mean everything is in hand of complainant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query