LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S S Raghav (IT Professional)     14 June 2011

How can we stopped misuse of signed stamp paper ?

My father is is 75+ years old and not in very good mantel health. Most of the time he remains with us in our parental home in our native village. But since last 5-6 months he is staying with our eldest brother who lives in different city. He is very mighty in money and power and is very egoist too for his capabilities. Since he has very different opinion with other family members, our relations are not good. But till now there was no property issue. Now some news are coming from different relatives that he has persuaded our father (or forced) to sign on some paper/stamp paper. On behalf of these signs he is claiming that he will take all our parental property (Mostly it is agriculture land in our native village) to his name or his children's name. Things are very hazy since we don't have any document against him. My question is how can we stop him in doing so or can we give some application in advance to revenue department against such fraud. Particularly, we know when we will talk to our father, he will be ready to give any statement anywhere in favors of us reverting to his earlier statement.

Learning

2 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     14 June 2011

Your father may inform to revenue department in writing and he should get it published in general news papers also. " There are chances of misuse of his signature and not to believe any of such document"

S S Raghav (IT Professional)     14 June 2011

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

I have some other doubts too. Since we are not aware that how these paper have been used or will be used, will it be a satisfactory step in giving to revenue department and in leading newspaper? In case of if misuser of the paper took a power of attorney and on behalf of this he sells the property to someone else. if things goes in such way, can it be stopped by taking above mention steps ? A part of it, what is the right process to inform revenue department. As we all know how revenue department persons behave to people, what precaution should be taken care for using this information in future?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register