LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (law)     17 July 2013

How can my brother be eliminated from inheritical property

My father wants to eliminate my elder brother from the ancesteral as well as from the self acquired  property ..Can my father eliminate him from the self acquired as well as from the ancestral property?

Whether there is any deed there for such elimination?

Whether such deed needs to be registered?

Or Public Notice in the news paper is sufficient?


 4 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     17 July 2013

Your father can decide not to give any share to your brother from his self acquired property, however, his share in the ancestral property will remain intact inspite of the wishes of your father.
1 Like

Ramesh (administrator)     18 July 2013

First of all, I would like to thank you for your time to answer queries and give proper guidance.  I have been regularly reading your inputs.

As per the new ammendment recently passed in marraige ammendment bill. It says right to inherited or inheritable property to some %.

I can understand self acquired, I can understand already inherited.

I am unable to understan the word " INHERITABLE "  in legal terms.

If my parents have property in their name which is self acquired by them totally & we are 3 childrens.

IF if am going thru divorce case, does that become inheritable in my case?

What if I too have a self acquired property in a joint name alongwith my father wherein we both have put in our self acquired funds.

your inputs would be highly appreciated.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     20 July 2013

No amendment is yet there, so there is no point in speculating upon its wordings bcoz we do not know in what form the bill will be finally passed. A bill may go thru lot of changes till it finally passed as a law.

R K........ (Analyst)     20 July 2013

In case of inherited property whether it is from your grandfather or your father, it is inherited for you A simple advertisement by your father in two national newspapers is sufficient to eliminate your right in the porperty. Just search on google, you will find your answer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads