Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T Michael (MD)     28 March 2011

How can I get a habeas corpus for my wife in house arrest?

Dear Sir,

I am basically from Kerala but have been residing in Bangalore since 2007. I do have all the required documents to prove that I am a resident of Bangalore, rental agreement, BSNL land line connection, gas bills etc, SBI bank account and statements etc...

I have been in love with a girl for almost 15 years and finally married her in front of the registrar at KR Puram in 2009.

She is also from Kerala but she is now under house arrest and they are not willing to agree for our marriage in Church. They want her to marry her off to someone else they choose for which she is not ready at all.

How do I file for write of habeas corpus to bring back my wife? Where do I file a complaint? I also feel threats from the in laws.

It's very urgent and critical matter, I request a legal expert to advise me with the best option available.

Please do contact me over email tmichael.in@googlemail.com and we shall then get things clearer..

Thanks in advance,

Tmichael

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     28 March 2011

you just approach high court through telegram, or state DGP, IG, put copy, before make complaint at police station

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 March 2011

@ Author

A que.

1. As per your brief both of you got married before Registrar office at KR Puram in the year 2009. So since when (I mean month / year) she is under house arrest?

And where is KR Puram by the way I mean in which State it falls !

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     30 March 2011

Where do I file a complaint?

---   police stn and court both will hear you.

but it is not a matter of heabus courpus.

you always prepare the photo copy of the marriage certificae. that is your strength.

you complain for investigation by police officer.

always ask for a written report.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register