LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nakul dey (owner)     30 March 2013

How can i fix wife's name in the marriage certificate

hi every one.. my name is nakul dey, i recently got married with my canadian girlfriend, first through arya samaj (arya samaj where they convertaed the religion of my wife in to hindu and then gave us the certifcate) and then we went to register our marriage in the court under the hindu marriage act, first when we went to court to register our marriage, we been told that our marriage been posponed and didnt replied us at all if they will register our marriage for next whole month, so finally i had to filed RTI to find out what they are doing, and after a month we got the reply of RTI  that our marriage been reissued and i can collect the certificate any working day. so i went to get my certificate but registrar was not there for whole month every time i go there, after a month he gave me the certificate, but finally i found that they put the wrong name of my wife in the certificate, one letter is missing in her sirname. so i went to registrar office to fix the certificate, but every time registrar refuse to fix it. last time when i went to him he said to me that "even i request him for thousands time, he wont fix it" seems kind a he is not happy for my putting the  RTI too it as a ego hurt.

so i wonder if any one can help that if there is any rule to fix the marriage certificate if there is a name mistake?

how i can do that if registrar refuesed it to me and dont want to do it?

please give me some advise and help me

thank you very much to all in advance

nakul dey

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     31 March 2013

yes.  the omission/rectification in a surname can be changed under hindu marraige rules.  for this show a proof to the correct surname.  If the subregistrar/marriage registrar says against this change, put an application to higher authority to solve your problem.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 April 2013

You  have to approach civil court of remedy by filing suit for mandatory injunction to direct the Marriage Registrar to change her name

The same is civil process and time consuming

nakul dey (owner)     15 April 2013

thank you very much both of you sir for your interest in my problem and sharing with me the solution, i really appreciate it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register