Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Poonam   17 April 2017

Housing society leakage issue

Hello Sir/Madam,

I stay on 1st floor and facing issues due to leakage in my kitchen, bathroom and toilet and I am facing this issue since past 2years. We have given letter to the society explaining the issue 1 year back but no action was taken by the society on the issue. Instead the committee members of the building started yelling on my mother without listening anything. Because of which she actually fainted in the meeting because of high blood pressure. Now we have started the leakage repair work in our house with our own expenses and during this we found the leakage is coming from 4th floor of the building toilet. And this leakage is impacting all other floors including the ground floor. The leakage architect said they need to change the pipe, toilet tiles, flooring and toilet utensil. The society says cost of toilet utensil, and pipe has to be beared by both us and 4th floor member. So I have few doubts in it, please help me with the queries :

1) The repair cost we are working in our room due to leakage should also be considered in that case, So they should also pay leakage expenses for my room?
2) The leakage is on 4th floor, so all other floors are impacted so they should also pay the expenses ? 
3) Should I bear the toilet utensil and pipe expenses 50% expenses Or all the floor members should be taken into account? Should only expense for pipe be given, as the utensil will be used by them and we won't be anyways benefitted by it.
4) The 4th floor member alone are responsible for the expenses?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register