LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anant   15 December 2016

House transfer to three children name in Delhi

Hello we are based in Delhi. 1. My grandfather has a house, he passed away long time back and now it should have been automatically transferred to my grandmother's name ? 2. My grandmother now wishes to transfer this house to her 3 children. It's a 30 years old house, 3. We are not sure if it was made via huf ? What is the implication of it ? My grandfather had 4 brothers who have all password away. 4. Also what the amount that we would need to pay if we get this house transferred ? Kindly let us know full detail procedure ? 5. If we don't get this house transferred and my grandmother just makes a will , can we avoid paying any charges ? Thanks and regards.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 December 2016

It is believed that you are Hindu.

Confirm!

The property of deceased Hindu male: shall devolve equally upon all ClassI legal heirs i.e Mother (if alive), wife, sons and daughters.

Thus if deceased was Hindu and property was self acquired CLassI heirs have equal share.

If property was ancestral then: all legal heirs in the lineage have equal share.

First of all obtain complete mutation records with all link docs and ascertain the nature of property.

Wife of deceased Hindu male ( your grandmother) can dispose her share only by a valsi deed during her life time e.g; WILL.

Prefer to register the WILL.

(Guest)

You have been rightly guided

Anant   15 December 2016

We are all jains

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register