LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shankar   07 April 2018

House owner not paying full advance

Hi all, I am shankar from Bangalore.. I was staying in the flat from Sep 2015 in electronic city for the rent of 15000 with the advance amount of 100000 for 11 months agreement. Next year have checked with owner whether you got any tenants if not will stay with the hike of 5% from the total rent so have extended for another year paid 15750 rent. After completing 2year again have checked with the owner if any tenants coming or let me extend. She told nobody confirmed yet better if u stay. I told extend for the third year with the hike of 5% now paid the old balance that have given notice period also. Now there is some power high load hit on the apartment , geyser and RCB switch gone due to that. So have informed the owner to replace it. She was fighting that it should be replaced by me only coz have given the flat new to you and ask me to change the things leave the flat. I told her that if its damage or broken will be changing but how do i change for the power outage also agreed for changing the RCB switch if she is ready to repair the geyser.. She is not agreed and arguing everytime. So i thought of change geyser coil and repair service charge of 1500. Given the notice period of 2months..During notice period she is fighting that we wont leave the house since she got some tenant to visit the place. I have argued several time she is not accepting the facts and blaming that she is not getting tenant. Now have vacated the flat 1st of apr instead of 5th apr.. She told me to hand over the keys to security since she wont be available to see the flat. I told we dont have extendaable agreement both of us how do I believe but after several agruement gave the keys to the security person to show the houses to some tenants. After get the keys from me she is totally changing her words that house is not properly. Maintained and will deduct 2 months rent for maintenance and painting charges... Also for the 1st to 5th apr rent per day deducted. Not paying my advance amount fully. She have to pay me around 18,900 is pending but still arguing ..i am sure that house doesnt have any damage or broken things... Please advise what needs to be done on this also would like this wont should be happen to other tenant coz she is really torturing the people using some influence.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 April 2018

Have you minuted/written/recorded everything that you have narrated in query?

Have you handed over keys to security staff under proper acknowledgment that flat is in proper order and nothing is broken?

Is there any union/forum and have you become a member that can support and help you to settle the matter with landlady?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 April 2018

In future keep record of everything….and ask landlord/lady to visit in person and give acknowledgment…in presence of your unshakable witnesses.

This time either settle and close amicably  or take help of your elders of the family , well wishers  entrust the matter to a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil matters and having successful track record …and worth his/her salt..

Shankar   09 April 2018

Thank you Kumar for time to replying back.. I have handed over the keys to her and confirmed no damage on the property but still she refused to pay the full advance amount and deducted 2months of rent for painting and cleaning charges.. How do I get the one month rent amount from her if I kept quiet she will do the same thing other tenant also. I would teach her tenants are not slave.. Pls help on this

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register