LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep Kumar   14 September 2018

House owner denying advance refund

Hi, This is in regards to a grievance I am currently facing with my house owner not paying full token advance after vacating the house. We have made the rental agreement starting from July 2017 for a period of 11 months. As per owner the agreement lapsed on June 2018. We requested to stay until Aug 2018 so that owner could deduct only Aug 2018 rent and one more month's pay as paint and cleaning charges and owner had agreed for same and she also agreed for not renewing a new agreement as we are not staying whole year but only 2 months after agreement period is over. This was all agreed before July 2018. In the month of Aug 2018, house owner had developed a grudge on us and was waiting for a chance to implement her dictatorship on us. We have suffered many times with her on house matters with various other reasons which are illogical and inhuman. We stayed there for a period of 6 years. we didn't had any kind of grievances with others neighbours which are very serious in nature except house owner. We vacated on August 31st before the agreed date of September 2nd so as to get out of the house ASAP. After a week she didn't even respond when we called for our advance payment. I tried to WhatsApp so as to get in touch. On 13th September, I demanded to pay my advance as it's already 13 days after I vacated. She abused me again and didn't confirm when she is going to pay. on 14th September, she sent the advance amount by deducting an extra month's rent just to
satisfy her grudge on us. she argues that is a rule mentioned in agreement. but in reality we didn't even make a new agreement for 2018, as decided earlier.we debated and demanded to give back our amount. She abused us in all possible vulgar kannada language she is fond of and she denied to return that remaining advance. I don't even understand some of the abusive words she spoke in Kannada even though I am a Kannadiga. I have never seen such an aggression and ameturity in a lady in my life time just for the sake of rent amount.
I would need some help/assistance in dealing with this matter and possibly find a way to get back my money. She assured that she doesn't care if I go against her legally or approach consumer forum etc. I have all the screenshots of chats. Any help would be highly appreciated

Learning

1 Replies

Ravi Chandar   15 September 2018

I think you can't because your agreement has finished .

there is a possibility that you can file a case that after finishing agreement she is not paying advance. amount but don't mention any ware that you had stayed 2 months extra.

kindly contact local lawyer in your place . and make sure how much you have to get from her and what is cost you have to bare by filling a case like hiring lawyer etc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register