LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajib (Software Engg.)     06 January 2017

Hospital is not following ministry of home affairs circular

We have adopted a baby boy recently from one of our close relative and also executed the adoption deed from district sub register office. At the time of birth the birth was registered in CRSORGI.GOV.IN which is the main body for central level birth and death registration. As per the circular dated 15-5-2015 ( Attached) we should approach the register ( The hospital ) for change in birth certificate as per the adoption deed and issue a birth certificate with our name as parents. When we approach the hospital register, they said they don’t have such circular and they are not obliged to give a birth certificate in our name. They also told to approach the municipality. Did the same but the municipality said that the amendment should be done from hospital. I am in mess what to do as no one is following the rule and taking responsibility.

1. Shall I drop an email to Director general for birth and death registration or shall I approach state level chief registrar.
  2. What’s the rule? Getting the birth certificate from municipality or from hospital for adopted child.
  3. If no one is following the rule what are the legal way to approach those departments.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : rajib
We have adopted a baby boy recently from one of our close relative and also executed the adoption deed from district sub register office. At the time of birth the birth was registered in CRSORGI.GOV.IN which is the main body for central level birth and death registration. As per the circular dated 15-5-2015 ( Attached) we should approach the register ( The hospital ) for change in birth certificate as per the adoption deed and issue a birth certificate with our name as parents. When we approach the hospital register, they said they don’t have such circular and they are not obliged to give a birth certificate in our name. They also told to approach the municipality. Did the same but the municipality said that the amendment should be done from hospital. I am in mess what to do as no one is following the rule and taking responsibility.

Shall I drop an email to Director general for birth and death registration or shall I approach state level chief registrar.
What’s the rule? Getting the birth certificate from municipality or from hospital for adopted child.
If no one is following the rule what are the legal way to approach those departments.

You can write to "Chief Registrar of Births & Deaths" and inform the same regarding what the hospital authorities have said.  In turn take their answer in writing and post it to the above as I mentioned.  

Mostly this is case of postal delay or misplacement where the hospital authorities are not informed about the change in rule.

As you already have a adoption certificate, you are safe and the kid is also safe "legally".  This is only a technical thing which can be easily sorted out at the above level.  Write to them under RTI asking why this is the case, you will get reply from the above within 21 days.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register