LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkatesan   14 March 2016

Home insurance - signing blank stamp paper

I took home insurance policy from HDFC, for paying premium, they sanction loan of Rs 1, 69,052. At time of taking policy, sale representative asked to sign 3 blank stamp paper each worth of Rs 50. If you cross some line on the blank stamp paper, it is not valid, so no need fear, this is for formalities purpose. HDFC sanction loan and home insurance for 5 years, later I realised, there may be possibility of misusing the blank stamp paper signed by me. It is fair to give blank stamp paper to anyone. So I approached the HDFC, the Insurance manager said, you took the policy on 04-Dec-2015. If you are able to get stamp paper for the same date means, we can replace the blank stamp paper. I don’t about getting previous dated stamp paper, I enquired to the stamp vendor, and they said it is not available. I don’t want HDFC to hold blank stamp paper signed by me. There is a chance is using again me in the future.

1. What is remedy available to me now?

2. How I can replace the blank stamp paper, can it possible to amend with current date stamp paper.

3. If HDFC is not agreeing for amend the blank stamp paper, can I sue them for amending as per general law.

Please advice

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register