hindu succession act

Father (died in 1998) had left two properties. He had two wives and each wife has sons and daughters. Both of the wife’s are alive. In 2001 they have separated the property and Property A went to one wife and property B went to another. All the members of the family who were in HUF in 2001 according to Karnataka amendment signed the NOC and submitted to BBMP (Bangalore Mahanagar palika) alongwith the application. BBPM has prepared the separation deed upon receiving the NOC with application request and transferred the Katha of the properties A to one wife and Katha of the other property to another wife to establish the clear title and ownership. Separation deed is signed by the commissioner that point of time and after that regular tax is paid by the wives for there respective independent properties. Records are available with BBMP.  This is how the property was separated in 2001 but it is not as per 1908 act.

Later one wife with her legal hires sold the property to me in year 2006 without sharing the information about other wife. Loan was also taken from Bank which is still continuing. Now in year 2014 one of the daughter who got married before the Karnataka amendment filed a case to claim over the property.


Let me know if such daughter has the legitimate share in the property and being a third party what are the option and point to focus with me to defend the case.

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

Since her mother is alive, the rights cannot transfer to her daughter. Daughter gets  legitimate rights after her mother.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x