Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ketan (Student)     30 June 2017

Help needed with poa format.

Hello all,

I need some help and would appreciate if someone can point out any legal and or grammatical mistakes if any in the following format. This is bit urgent as I am based out of India and I need to get this quickly done. Your help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1. To appear and represent me before all the Revenue Office and officer, Tribunals and Civil, Criminal, Revenue Co-operative, all other Courts where my presence of appearance is required.

2. To file appeal, W.P. - LR application, affidavit to give petition, statements, objections, to give evidence to do all acts, deeds necessary.

3. To appoint Advocates on my behalf to act and to sign Vakalathnama,

4. To produce documents and receive back the file, compromise or withdraw the petitions etc.

5. To appear or lodge any complaint before the Police.

6. To prefer appeal against the judgment and Decree relating to the aforesaid property and engage Advocates for that purpose.

7. To Deposit monies/pay charges/ fees etc., in Court, Banks, Revenue Authorities, Cantonment Board in respect of the said property and to pay money, obtain receipts and refund of money, documents etc..

8. To sign and execute any deed, instrument and assurance which he consider necessary and to enter into or to agree to such covenants and conditions as may be required for fully and effectually conveying the said property.

9. To present any such conveyance for registration to admit execution and payment of consideration before the Sub-registrar.

10. To present me before the Sub-Registrar, XXX and to sign and admit register the Relinquish Deed, Sale Deeds, Release Deed, Gift Deed etc., in respect of above Property purchased in my name pertaining to the properties.

DEATH : My death shall not revoke or terminate this agency as to my agent or any other person who, without actual knowledge of my death, acts in good faith under this power of attorney. Any action so taken unless otherwise invalid or unenforceable, shall be binding upon me and my heirs, devises and personal representatives.

JOINT POWER : If the two persons to serve as my agent hereunder, it is my intent that the power granted to them shall be either in the agent alone, the principal alone or in both their name jointly, or otherwise, which shall and must be exercised by them as they may from time to time act on my behalf. Any action requiring a signature will be effective or binding with one or both such persons signatures affixed to the written instrument reflecting the action or transaction.

INDIMNITY : I hereby bind myself to indemnify my agent and any successor who shall so act, against any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, actions and causes of action, including expenses, costs and reasonable attorney’s fees which my agent at any time may sustain or incur in connection with carrying out the authority granted her or him in this power of attorney.

REVOCATION : This general durable power of attorney may be voluntarily revoked by me by written instrument signed by me and delivered to my Agent. My guardian may also revoke instrument by written instrument signed by him/her and delivered to my agent. Any affidavit executed by my Agent stating that he does not have, at the time of doing any act pursuant to this power of attorney, actual knowledge of the revocation or termination of this power of attorney, is in the absence of fraud, conclusive proof of the non-revocation or non-termination of the power at that time. Further I do authorize my aforesaid attorney to present me before the Sub-registrar, District Registrar, XXX to sign, execute and admit, registrar the Release Deed, Relinquish Deed, Sale Deed and Gift Deed in my favour and to do all things necessary to carry out the intent hereof. And generally to do all such further acts, deeds and things, as may be necessary to be lawfully done in due discharge of the power hereby vested and the executants hereby agree to ratify all such acts, deeds and things done or caused to be done by the said power of attorney holder and all such acts, deeds and things done or caused to be done by him shall be binding on executant as if I have done. Provided that all business transacted hereunder for me or for my account shall be transacted in my name and all endorsement and instrument executed by my said attorney for the purpose of carrying out the foregoing powers shall contain my name, followed by that of my said attorney and the designation “attorney-in-fact”. My agent is entitled to reasonable compensation and reimbursement for reasonable expenses for services rendered as agent under this power of attorney, if desired. This Durable General Power of Attorney may be revoked by me at any time.

Learning

1 Replies

Arjun Kohli   01 July 2017

Point 1 - omit the two officer words and write a single officer(s)

Point 10 - To represent*

Then the spelling of Indemnity is what I just wrote here so correct the same.

I believer you are good to go otherwisse.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register