Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

swaminathan (engineer)     27 November 2010

Help needed on personal loan issue

Hi,

I approached fullerton India for a personal loan. Fullerton doesnt provide loan for bachelors and i am bachelor.The official said he would do the loan for me and he proceeded.I gave the required documents through email.But I never signed the application form and he is demanding 6 cheque leaflets for granting the loan.I couldnt understand how he could that.I am out of city but still he persists me to send it through courier to his office address. I denied to send the cheque by courier.I didnt have any verifications till now(atleast to my knowledge).Now the thing is he cant wait stating its month end.The problem is,he has initiated the file and its in process.So he is gonna reject the file and threatens me that i cant avail loan in any banks for 6 months atleast,if he rejects the file.Please help me out.I dont know if he is right or not.He is forcing me to take the loan now.Please advise on my next course of action.I am really confused.

Learning

3 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     27 November 2010

Having dealt with banks, I dont think you have much to worry. The Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited (CIBIL) contains database of loan defaulters (NPA accounts-In layman's terms, people who have borrowed money but not returned), and the every bank checks for the prospective borrower's name in that database before sanctioning loan.

If your loan is simply rejected, it does not amount to any wrong from your side and as such you may not face any difficulty in obtaining a loan from any other bank (subject to other credit related parameters).

I feel your bank agent is simply pressurising you into availing of the loan to fill his target. For more help, I would advise you to consult a lawyer who is experienced in the banking domain.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     03 December 2010

Good advice by Mr. Gokhale.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 January 2011

1.Since it is company policy and you are bachele,no one in company can even accept our form,leave apart,sanctioning a loan.If you have signed a balnk form and he tiacks your mrital status as married nus for supplyinf false informatin is on you.

2. As per you, you have not signed or filled or submitted th application form, but you have sent docs by email.

Since you have not submitted any application for the grant of loan,you should not submit any docs,especially docs bearing your signature, since anyone who is under the burden of meetng targets to save job and in a company like.......is well versed with malpractices .....and signature can be forged, and on the basis of information from docs,detals in the form can be filled, including your email id from which you have sent your docs. Once you fill your email id , it becomes authentic source of communication.

Such person can also quote soft copy by email and hard copy by post.

However,each document sbmitted by you has to be self attested and original of the same is to be seen ans marked OSV " Original seen and varified"by the employee of the company who is competent to  accept and forward your application.

The docs sent by you thru email,can be printed,altered by software, and your signatures can be forged.

There have been instances of documents being scanned and altered.

3.You have mentioned that he has initiated the file.

This implies you should have reasons to believe the malpractice.

4.You should record the conversations in your mobile, and you should tactfully discuss all events in sequence.Or you may record it when and if he meets you.

5.He knows the  process and hence his statement that your loan application shall not be enetertined for coming 6 months.

If your loan is rejected then other companies if you approach for loan shall refer to CIBIL data and you shall be required to offer explanation.Clearly if you do nothinh now you shall be at loss.

6.You should approach this person and /or his Branch Manager and /or highest authority i.e MD/CS/CEO of the company and if required report the matter in writing and tell them you shall report the matter to RBI,NGO's,Police,media and build prerssure to obtain a written statement from the company in your favour  stating at least that they have not received any application from your end and they should mention your full name as in your docs,DOB,parents name,address as in your records.

Since company shall suffer so they shll not easily accept the prevailing malpractices in their company.

They  may state to conduct enquiry and may obtain resignation of this employee or terminate him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register