LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ananta   27 July 2015

Help needed for fake dv case

Hi All,

This is Ananta from Orissa but staying in Bangalore. Now I am facing a unusual prblem from my wife. I am providing all details below. I request you to all please provide me the hope and way to defend the Fake/False DV case. 

I got married in April 2014. We are in our hoe for 10 day's only after my marriage. After that we came back to Bangalore. When my wife came to bangalore her mother also came so we 3 came. Actually her mother always interfere in to our dicissions. her mother always dominating to my wife and also my wife always listining her mothers word. For Marriage I didn't take a single rupees for dowry. I bought allthe house hold items here from my side. always they are saying as you are not listing our word you prchasing the item as per your choice like this. I always listining all these thinngs but me keep calm beacuse I was try to save my married life. one day my wife came and said if you will favour of your parrents then leave us else you leave your parents. I denied I said I have to balance my life with my parents and wife..bothe are equal for me. After that they went out from my bangaore house.

they went from bangalore on Jan 2015. She didn't stay with my parents.Now they lodged a DV case against me and my father ,mother. 30th July is the date.

My Question is:

1)I am in Bangalore. In 30th July I unable attain the date . If my father will go there with laweyer and shift the date is it possible to do.

2)is there any possiblity for arrest.

3)they has no evidence against me for DV I never abused them or slapped them. I never get any single from as a dowry or any situation.

4)how many days it will take to solve the issue.

5)If we will prove that cas is false. then next what step we can take for them.

I request the Experts to help me beacuse my date is very close this week only. I will appricate your help.





 25 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     27 July 2015

@ author .


Relax you will get used to all this in the course of time . In Dv case it is not necesary to be present but tell your lawyer  to seek exemption from the court . But tell your father to be present for all the hearings in order to know what is going on else you may taken for a ride . 

FightForCause (Businessman)     27 July 2015


Dont worry, just do what stanley sugested.

Read this forum daily and u will gain confidence and get used to terminology.

No arrests in DV case.

Be sure, u send your father each date to know what exactly is happening in the court.


Ananta   27 July 2015

Hi Experts,


What are the procedure will be happen in court for DV case. Could you please Explain as per your experience and if we will prove that thsi is the fake case after that what step we can take against my wife and after DV case prove false by court can I apply for divource on the ground of fake case. At last how long this case will continue for final result.



slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     27 July 2015

Wehn legal route is in process more safe is to have the proceedings updated.One day or the other the desired relief will be available.

stanley (Freedom)     27 July 2015


Ajay Ashok Khedkar .... ..... ..... ..... Appellant.
Sou. Laleeta Ajay Khedkar..... .... ..... ....Respondent.

Mr.Hitesh Vyas, Adv. For the appellant.
Mr.Sachin S. Pande, Adv. For the respondent.


Date:12th April, 2010.
ORAL JUDGMENT: (Per Deshpande, J.)

This is family court appeal filed by the unsuccessful husband
whose petition for divorce has been dismissed by the Family Court.
The appellant and the respondent’s marriage was solemnized as per
Hindu rites and customs at Pune on 8.3.2001. The marriage was
an arranged marriage and after the marriage the respondent came
to reside with the appellant. The appellant’s mother resides along
with the appellant. The petition for divorce was filed on the
ground of mental cruelty under section 13(1)(ia)
of the Hindu
Marriage Act, 1955.

2. According to the petitioner on the wedding night itself the
respondent alleged that she was deceived in regard to income of
the appellant. The respondent allegedly stated that the salary of
the appellant as informed to her was much more than what he was
actually receiving. It is also alleged that with reference to the
number of spectacle the respondent taunted the appellant by saying
that she was made to perform marriage with a blind person.
Touching those issues the respondent allegedly started quarreling
with the petitioner and insulting the petitioner. It is the case of the
appellant that since beginning the behaviour of the respondent was
arrogant and rude and immediately after the marriage the
respondent was insisting that the petitioner should stay separately
from his mother in one of the two flats owned by the appellant’s
family situated at Raviwar Peth, Pune. According to the appellant
he tried to convince the respondent that his mother is old and there
is no one else to look after her and hence refused to stay separately.
It is also the case of the appellant that the respondent gave threats
that she would commit suicide if the appellant fails to reside
separately. The respondent also denied conjugal rights to the
appellant so as to coerce him to stay separate from his mother. On
the above referred allegations touching mental agony and torture
divorce petition was filed.

3. Sometime in December 2002 the respondent went to the
house of her parents for delivery. She delivered a girl child on
26.2.03. Despite passage of enough time the respondent did not
join the company of the appellant. According to the appellant
because of the insistence on the part of respondent to stay
separately the marital life was disturbed and peace and harmony
was lost.

On 3.5.03 the father of the respondent brought the
respondent to the house of the appellant but without meeting the
appellant or his mother respondent's father went away. On 6.5.03
the respondent called her parents and brother at the house of the
appellant. The near relations of the respondent quarreled with the
petitioner and his mother and after creating a scene threatened the
appellant that they would implicate the appellant and members of
his family in false criminal cases. So threatening the appellant,
father and brother of the respondent took her away along with
them. While leaving the appellant’s residence they said that only if
he resides separately the respondent will be sent back. The
appellant immediately sent a notice on 9.5.03 asking the
respondent to join the company and cohabit with the appellant but
instead of joining the company of the appellant the respondent
initiated criminal case under section 498A of IPC not only against
the appellant and his mother but three other near relations who
were staying separately including the uncle, aunt and husband of
the aunt. All the persons accused of having committed the offence
under section 498A of IPC were arrested by the police and they
were detained in custody. This is the main circumstance which is
relied upon by the learned counsel for the appellant to contend that
lodging of false case which resulted in arrest and detention of
family members of the appellant is singularly sufficient enough to
hold that the respondent is guilty of causing mental cruelty and
agony to the appellant and thus pressed for grant of decree of
divorce. According to the learned counsel for the appellant arrest
and detention of the family members and near relations of the
appellant in false case has caused him utmost mental torture.
During pendnecy of divorce petition the said criminal case came to
be decided by a judgment dated 13.5.05 by Judicial Magistrate,
First Class, Pune acquitting the appellant and all his family
members from the charge under section 498A of IPC.

4. Perusal of the judgment clearly reveals that the prosecution
utterly failed to prove the case put forth by the complainant. The
Judicial Magistrate has recorded categoric finding that the
complainant’s own testimony falsifies the prosecution case that the
complainant was treated cruely and was harassed by the accused
persons with a view to coerce her and her parents to meet their
unlawful demand of Rs.50,000/.

The Magistrate has totally disbelieved the version of the complainant/wife and has acquitted
the accused persons. On a careful reading of the judgment
rendered in the case of prosecution under section 498A of IPC one
thing is crystal clear and it can be safely assumed that the wife had
filed a false case not only against her husband and motherinlaw
but had unnecessarily roped in other near relations. It is obvious
that on account of arrest and detention of the husband and his
family members respondent has treated the appellant with utmost
mental cruelty and the appellant has suffered agony. It will not be
out of place to mention that the complaint filed by the wife was
calculatedly designed in as much as it was a sort of counter blast to
the divorce petition filed by the husband. The appellant had filed
divorce petition on 16.6.03 whereas the complaint was lodged by
the respondentwife
on 11.7.03.

5. Learned counsel for the appellant submits that the appellant
and his family members including ladies who did not stay along
with the appellant were arrested and detained causing utmost
humiliation and embarrassment and agony to the appellant. This
solitary incidence would itself constitute mental cruelty even if
other circumstances are not taken into account and thus the trial
court has erred in law in dismissing the divorce petition. Para 29 of
the judgment of family court deals with this aspect of the matter by
observing :

“There can not be absolutely two opinions regarding
legal proposition that if the wife filed false criminal cases
against the husband, her conduct does amount to causing
mental cruelty and torture to him, therefore, the husband
becomes entitled for a decree of divorce. The necessary
condition for constituting such legal cruelty is that the wife
has indulged into making false and reckless allegation by
filing false complaint to the police. A singular complaint filed
by wife under section 498A of IPC against the husband and
his family members can not indicate the tendency of wife to
indulge into making such false allegation.”

We fail to understand the logic behind the reasoning adopted by
the family court to hold that a singular complaint of this nature
under section 498A of IPC resulting in arrest and detention of the
family members and relatives thereby causing utmost
embarrassment, humiliation and suffering does not constitute
mental cruelty. It is illogical that more than one complaint are
necessary to be filed to constitute mental cruelty. In our view,
embarrassment, humiliation and suffering that is caused on account
of arrest and detention of appellant and his family members and
relatives in a false case does constitute mental cruelty to enable the
husband to seek decree of divorce on this sole ground. In our
considered opinion, the approach of the family court is wholly
perverse and the reasoning cannot be sustained in law. In regard to
other circumstances the family court has observed :

“At the most one can infer that this conduct of the
respondent may have caused some disharmony between the
couple but in no way it can be said that it was sufficient to
constitute a mental cruelty to petitioner or his mother.”
Without deliberating on all the circumstances in detail we are of
the clear view that cumulative effect of the behaviour and conduct
of the respondent is good enough to draw an inference that
respondent has caused utmost mental pain and suffering which
constitute mental cruelty to the appellant and hence the appellant
is entitled for decree of divorce on the ground of cruelty.

6. This brings us to the consideration of question of granting
maintenance to the girl child who is aged about 8 years. The
family court in exercise of powers under section 24 had granted
interim maintenance of Rs.700/p.
m. whereas this Court by an
interim order has raised it to Rs.1000/p.
m. The appellant so also
the respondent are both gainfully employed. They are earning in
the range of Rs.5000 to 7000 per month each. The child is in
custody of the respondentmother.
Learned counsel for the
appellant on instructions from his client who is present in the court
submitted that the appellant would pay a sum of Rs.1.5 lacs
towards permanent alimony for the maintenance of child. Having
found the said amount insufficient we persuaded the counsel for
the appellant to raise the amount so that monthly interest on the
said amount works out in the range of Rs.2000 per month. The
mother of the appellant has come forward to contribute further
sum of Rs.1.5 lacs towards maintenance of the child. In our view if
the appellant pays sum of Rs.3 lacs by way of permanent alimony
for the maintenance of child the said amount if kept in fixed
deposit can fetch interest of Rs.2000/per
month and the same
could be utilized by the respondent for upbringing of the daughter.
In the result we pass the following order:
(i) The marriage of the appellant and respondent stands
dissolved by a decree of divorce under section 13(1)(ia)
(ii) The appellant shall pay sum of Rs.3 lacs by way of
permanent alimony for the maintenance of the girl child. The
said amount of Rs.3 lacs shall be invested in fixed deposit in a
nationalized bank and the respondent is permitted to
withdraw the interest accrued thereon quarterly. The amount
of Rs.3 lacs shall be invested in the fixed deposit within two
months from today in the name of the minor child and the
respondent would be shown as her guardian;
(iii) The said sum of Rs.3 lacs shall be kept invested in fixed
deposit till the child attains majority.
(iv) Appeal is allowed with no order as to costs.

At this stage the learned counsel for the respondent seeks stay
of this order. Having regard to the peculiar facts and circumstances
we do not find any reason to stay the impugned order. Hence the
prayer is rejected.

1 Like

Ananta   27 July 2015

Hi stanley,


Thanks for your quick response. could you please give me the answers for below questions. I appricate your help.

What are the procedure will be happen in court for DV case. Could you please Explain as per your experience and if we will prove that thsi is the fake case after that what step we can take against my wife and after DV case prove false by court can I apply for divource on the ground of fake case. At last how long this case will continue for final result.



stanley (Freedom)     27 July 2015

Even now also you can file for divorce if the grounds like cruelty and desertation can be proved by you . Dv case will take around 4-5 years . 

Ananta   27 July 2015

Hi Stanley,


I have pllaned that divource should be come first from my wife side. beacuse they sure need the divorce and now I checked in facebook that lady already updated status as Divorced. I am thinking that If I will put first divorce then they will ask about the maintance money. let them do first. Is it correct or not. That lady already did MTECH is it sufficient to prove that she is not correct person to take maintainance...Please answer



Apart from all the above advices and discussions, I would like to ask the querist one straight question.What made her take such a harsh step after just 9 months of marriage?What made her mother stay with U since marriage?

Ananta   27 July 2015

Hi Sainath,

Below I have explain all the situation that happened with me.

First thing my wife is not a indipendent girl she cant take own decission even if for drinking one glas of water she asking to her mother as " Can I drink half or full glas of water". It is a example like this she behaved. Her mother always trying to dominate her and me also and her mother try to make me as "GHAR DAMAD" But I denied. when I denied she took this type of action there is no such incidents. At the time of marriage I didn't take single money even if for my dress also. that time I looked for educated girl only but after that this type of situation will be happen with me I can't imagine. My age is only 29 years.

For all this incident her mother is one and only culprit. She dominated over my wife and she also converted as Psycho.

Please help me as per your experience. what should I do in this situation.



Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     27 July 2015

Ananta, relax! I have been there... Take Stanley's advice and minimize your losses - mental, emotional, financial, etc. by seeking exemption from attending.  The case will drag on. If you have done nothing wrong, then there will be no evidence to implicate you and therefore no reason to fear.  For her to file a DV case against your father and mother, she should have resided with them. If not, they can file applications to have the DV case dismissed against them for that reason alone - Lack of domestic relationship.

i would not advice you to have your father go to Court because he is already made a party by her. It would be better to simply keep him on the sidline. Your father will be troubled by the proceedings and it will impact him.  If you have a friend or cousin, who is totally unconnected to the case, and will not be impacted by the proceedings, you can send him to Court to keep a tab on Court proceedings, only because Advocates cannot be trusted. It is better to have someone there to witness what exactly is going on. 

As for divorce, maintenance, etc. Relax... do not rush into these things or be concerned by future filings.  File divorce only when you have collected all evidence, studied the legal aspects thoroughly and are convinced that you qualify for one. As for maintenance, deal with it when she files for one.  

Right now, as advised by others, RELAX!!! 


1 Like

Ananta   28 July 2015

Hi Sainath Sir,

Could you please give me the answers for above questions.


Its a case of reversal,generally the mother in law of the wife behaves like that .Well, my sincere advice is not to break the marriage as UR problem can be solved with proper counselling and mediation.Right now U cannot drive UR mother in law out as it would lead to lot of further complications.What's the stand of UR parents and UR father in law?

Ananta   28 July 2015

My Father in law passed away from 2009. my mother in law nature is very rude she has no relation to other also even if to her neighbours.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query