LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Chakravartty (DGM-Marketing)     21 July 2011

Heavily abusive e-mail by a female

My brother had a female colleague who is 19 years junior to him and she is 27 today. He was her boss for ayear and during that time they had friendly relation and were pretty close including they went outing from office alone. Good amount of friendly chats were exchanged between them which were indicative of a relation beyond friendship but in actual there was none. This was in 2008. My brother is married but started falling for her as she started to come close. On finding this and also that word of mouth amongst colleagues is spreading adversely she cut off from my brother and took a transfer to another department. My brother kept calling her on phone and e-mail but didn't meet her. She didn't take those calls. Exasperated one day she and her mother reported to Management one day. Management somehow got hold of those chat messages and got inputs from the colleagues. Consequently, both of them lost their jobs. The girl has developed an animosity towards my brother that for no reason she has lost her job, while my brother had served in that company for 20 years and is fretting that because of the spark caused by her and her mother, management took his job. It is true, before their exit, management had warned both of them and had thought of relocating them also but positions were not there. NOW CAN MY BROTHER FILE A LEGAL SUIT AGAINST HER IN ANY FORM FOR THE COMPLAIN SHE MADE TO MANAGEMENT?

For two years my brother was mad in love and had written letters to her which she didn't respond. He has also written her that he can go to any extent with her. No response. This went on for 2 years. Very recently in June, he sent her a couple of mails to forget the past and revive a new relation and apologized profusely through sms. IN RETURN THE GIRL HAS SENT A MAIL LOADED WITH WORST ABUSES ON MOTHER, SISTER, DAUGHTER AND CALLING ALL SORTS OF DEROGATORY WORDS TO HIM maintaing the same theme why are you trying to contact me when I am not interested? Her contention irrespective, PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT LEGAL ACTION CAN BE TAKEN ON THIS ILL MANNERED GIRL WHO THINKS ANYONE'S PARENTS RESPECT IS FOR FLOUTING? Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Your brother has acted -vely himself.The girl was sensible and acted wisely by cutting off from him after a while.

Your brother,on the other hand cheated his own wife,and later kept making advances at this girl.Rather your bro's behavior has been ill mannered.He's lucky she's not filing any s*x. harassment case,which she could have done otherwise.

Still you are thinking of taking revenge upon her.It's advisable to tell your brother to remain faithful to his own family and forget all that has happened.Otherwise if he keeps bothering that girl,she may file a case against him,and his affairs will be exposed which will spoil his marriage.And he'll find it hard to get another job.

Rather I am surprised how she maintained a distance.when many girls are trying to impress their senior in some way or the other.

Ms Liberal (others)     22 July 2011

Dear Sir,

I have gone through the contents and has understand to very extent that both of parties had loose their job. The girl has mainatained distance and thereafter as per stated in last para that she had sent abusive languge cannot be digested to extent as both are irrelevant to each other

your brother could file the suit against the management if he has not been heard properly and terminated him but its foolish step of implicating the girl without holding any charge who has already mainatained the diatnce

its better you file joint petition against the company for intrusion of your privacy

bol (adv)     23 April 2014

Dear Madam,

Its pathetic to read such incidence. But legally speaking your brother will be in great trouble if really the girl takes it as seriously and sensitively.  We are humans and it is likely that we to get angry on the act of others if moral not accepted or / and also socially not accepted. With out knowing exactly what was the abuse language in that mail, it always also to forgive first time and if repeated then you shall  have to think on acting further.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register