LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bina (none)     08 November 2008

Havoc of quacks (Jhola-chaap doctors)

Quacks are the serious risk for community health. They use with substandard medication, heavy doses of steroids and antibiotics even to children, just to name a few. Now question arise whose responsibility is tackling the quacks; health department or police? Do we have sufficient provision in our legal system deal with the quackery?

Learning

4 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 November 2008

this is very serious problems facing the Indian citizen across the country especislly in rural areas, and we need strong measures to curbed this menace. Not only quacks but even those  doctors with MBBS degrees are not an exception to the problems.

prabodh kumar patel (advocate)     09 November 2008

Yes there are examples of many such mishaps even death of patients, i know atleast two such incidents within my Block.

i think awareness of general public and specially of rural populace is must.

NGOs should take initiative for this.

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     09 November 2008

quacks are not allowed to do practice.ayurvedic and hoemopaths are not allowed to write allopathic medicines.but be practical.once i suggested and all dhi ma in rural areas was called to health centre and trained for aseptic delivery.conditions improved now. all doctors by 35 yrs of age wants to have car house and all luxuries. they takes money for ref pts to consultants, selling physician samples, taking gifts from pharmaceutical companies , supplying medicines in nursing homes with full costs, taking money for path. exm.no urge to serve rural population. all oath taken before registration  are of no use. question of moral values.none can --only law with its sharp tooth can bite them. in side a hosp in london i bave seen a law firm ---ad ---is if any fault in treatment ,take our help.And we need to march a long ,before we sleep.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 November 2008

Dear Prof SC Pratihar Ji, thank you for the information of London hospital. yes, lawyer need to wake up from its slumber.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register