LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Virendrakumar (Additional General Manager)     13 December 2011

Harresment by a wife

My Son is a Doctor He married a Doctor in 2003. Then both studied further and became superspecialist in their fields. Now since 2009 they are staying together. His wife has quarrelsome nature. on very small points she quarrels, throwaway things runaway give threat not to come back abuse his parents and so much. Her anger lasts for 48 hrs or even a week if not properly counseiied. We all love her. She is very good if in a mood but if slight opposite view to her liking or her parents liking she becomes furious.Earlier quarrels were twice a day then after lot of counselling it reducedto once aweek or in a fortnight. After her sister's marriage, she has started quarreling again twice a day..

They do not have s*xual relations also. They do not have child also. Husband's prestige as doctor is increasing whilefor her due to her nature no body in hospital also praise her.  She envy husband and try to defame him. Neighbours also believe that a low class people are staying here. She puta any allegations on Husband or on sister of husband. Everybody is tired off her. Her parents are reputed family and powerful also in money and prestige. In case  my son goes for divorce they may beat him and defame.


I seek help . Can any Professional  persons can counsel both? Psychiatrist help will damage image as doctors. Wife is of possessive and doubting nature.  She has tried to suicide twice.Every day tamasha. We aretired off. I am afraid  if something positive is not done  they may be domestic violence. Pl advise


 9 Replies


Hi Virendra ,

Your son's story actually sounds like my own story ....  I am a professional engineer and is facing idiotic allegations from my so called b*tch ( sorry i cant call her wife ) . Normally these type of girls end up filing false cases to humiliate and harass boy's family . Better not to take it lightly and act as fast as possible . Before she could file anything on you or your son its better to be safe . seek protection for your son from local police from his wife , saying that she is voilent in nature and may kill him anytime . Collect every possible evidences , rocord her behaviour on a video or audio so that you can use it when required . maintain all her call records and investigate why she is behaving in such a way . She can have an extramarrital thing as well ....... Protect yourself otherwise it will be really hard to get out of our bullsh*t legal system as girl is always considered right ..... you only have to find ways and means to prove your innocence ...... separate your son if he is living with you ASAP or otherwise she will put a claim on your ancestral hard earned property as well........ 

Dr. GYV Victor., PhD., CEng., (Chartered Engineer Dredge Master (STCW 95) Marine Shipping Contracts Customs Arbitrator and Consultant)     13 December 2011


Each and every episode cant be treated as domestic violence and such registration of complain will certainly be taken up for counseling prior to taking any action. It is already 6 years that your son has got no children, is to be explored to understand from medical point of view what is exactly wrong and who is trying to cover up? If your son is healthy and the problem remains with the girl, then it is something that you may think, if your son is at fault and she is healthy, then you will certainly have a bigger impact.


Since you are interested in a counseling and not for break, it is suggested that you may look into option of setting up an independent house for them with occasional visits to meet them and see if the situation improves. 

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     13 December 2011

Both are highly qualified. I do not take the idea that seeking psychotherapist/psychologist help will let their image down in medical fraternity!

DOCTORS ARE AFTER ALL HUMAN BEINGS! Its quite possible......rather I wud say more chances of ego-problems among this tpye of a couple.

All they need is "Councilling+Minimal interference from both parents' side into their life"

JAGJEET SINGH (Advocate)     14 December 2011

Dear sir, as per your words it is clear that your son and his wife needs a counseling of expert legal practitioner, so without any delay u should concert with an expert.

Counselling can ofcourse ba solution if it is reasonably accepted by both ....... But yes as it sounds ,if the situation is beyond control you have to act at the right time or be prepared to loose your life and peace ......very minimal chances of things getting positive if she has already tried to commit suicide ...... At the end of the day yu are the best judge of your situation ..be safe than being another victim

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 December 2011

If they both are doctors, they should understand that marriage counselling is like a psycho-therapy, which can be taken both as a cure and preventive step.



Shonee Kapoor
PS: Not all who visit psychatrists are mad or insane.

Virendrakumar (Additional General Manager)     20 December 2011

Can you suggest a professional expert who can counsell in such cases

JAGJEET SINGH (Advocate)     21 December 2011

Dear Virendra,

                               If u belong to Lucknow, contact me for, otherwise tell me ur concern  place, i will suggest u abt.

Jagjeet Singh, Advocate


Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     24 December 2011

What kind of expert you want and where?





Shonee Kapoor


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register