LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naveen (se)     29 December 2011

Harrasing in laws, husband fakes about his job salary & education

I'm married for 3 years.Problems in my marriage life started from the day 1 when this match was settled. Just after the 10 days of our engagement, my husband called to cancel the marriage saying silly reasons of luck, fate. But they have taken the whole lot amount of dowry of cash, 7 lakhs, 20 thula gold. But later on it happened for the scheduled date. I work for an MNC, Hubby posed that he works as Customs clearance officer, but after marriage I came to know that he has not even done his SSC, he works as a executive, who collects files and signatures on files done by customs officers/appraisers. But it was too late, I was pregnant .One day he himself raised the topic to buy a flat, I appreciated him, and willingly looked for his choice and purchased the flat of 26lakhs, in that I took a verbal promise from him, that I shall not give the Flat for rent , but use for living purpose only. Between I came to know bat his job and education when we were trying for home loan. There is something by name SIBIL, which gives one's information on edu and pay.we thought to buy the flat jointly but, because of his job and edu and salary, he was not eligible for any loan. Hence , i got it registered on my name, till date he did not help me in paying the a rupee in the flat. True colors of him were seen day by day, same implies for my MIL, BIL, FIL. The LIC agaent called me showed the documents that the education and job details posed by husband are wrong. Beside this many things are happening at my house like mother in law asking for the salary ,brother in law misbehaving with me, I have 2 yr old son, Things are becoming unbearable at my side.what case can I file against this guys, firstly to give as a warning.secondly,if this happens again what steps can i take furthur.Please suggest.

He tries to check my purse, take money ,cards.

he takes my books which i read for certifications.One incident , i was shocked, he tore my birthday dress into pieces.

When any function happens at my maternal place, firstly he does not wish to come there, secondly he calls evrybody and bad mouths my dad as thief, asks them to not attend their clebrations.

This are really disturbing.Let me tell you the latest happend today,he told evrybody that i earn 1lakh per month, not willing to pay him any penny, but my salary is jus 30k of which 22k goes for emi, rest amount i pay for my travel and 3k on my sons name in LIC.He doesnt even help for my sons medication, vaccination.

He cant  do anything just being a MAN in this society.Ladkiwaale , slaves hai kya, jo moo mei n ayaa bol diya, itna sahen kar chooki hoon phir bhi taane marthe hai. MY BIL locks my bedroom and keeps me fooling around, when i complain the same to Hub, he jus ignores.This has become roz ka natak.MY MIL has openly said that she will not take responsibility of my son to grow.

They have taken all my gold, jwellery, sarees,.They show no respect, love or affection tome nor to my son. Because of this trauma my son is suffering. I daily drop my son  at my parents place and go to office.

Bottom line, what case can I file against these guys, firstly to give as a warning.secondly, if this happens again what steps I can take furthur.Please suggest.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     29 December 2011

If you want to follow-up civil law, file complaint application under Section12 of Domestic Violence Act.

If you want criminal action against them, you can file Section 498-A IPC  against your hubby, MIL and BIL.  In addition to this, as they retained your stri-dhan and for recovery of the same, you can file Section 406 IPC.  Asthey had taken huge dowry Section 3 and 4 of Dowry Prohibition Act can be initiated against them.

In addition to this, if your BIL activity is outraging your modesty, you can file Section 354, 506 and 509 of IPC.

As your husband lied about his educational qualification and job at the time of marriage, if you want to cancel (annulment) the marriage, you can file such a case under Section12 of the HMA.

Ifyou want divorce, you can file divorce case under Section 13 of HMA on the ground of cruelty.

Note:  Filing Section 498-A may result to irreparable damage to matrimonial relationship and is very difficult to normalize the relationships.

Account Deleted (None)     29 December 2011

out of 30 K, 22 K for EMI, 3K for LIC, 3k for travel. That leaves only Rs 2000 K. Is that enough for feeding you , your son and your husband? as well as take care of the health contingencies?

Someone should be supporting household expenses like food, clothes, medicines, and other miscelleneous expenses.

naveen (se)     29 December 2011

Thank you for your question.My Hub works in some pvt org, he earns 17k, but till date i have not seen him spending any penny on us.( yes, i saw only paying Dakshina to temple priests and his bike petrol)He promised to move on and live in the newly purchased flat.but he broke his promise here, hence i had no option than to live with MIL and BIL.MILdoes not look after my son, when I leave for office,i 'm helpless here , hence i take to my son to parents place drop him there and go for work again the inreturn i carry him back.I manage to cook at in laws and do household chore by waking up at 5:30 am.pack my box and move on.by time I return in the evning it would be some 9;30 pm.I get lunch and dinner from my inlaws.so 2000rs is only for my rainy day saving.My dad helps me sometimess in medication and vaccination of my son.Though I earn so much, i really feel pity on myself, when my son asks or crys for some Toy in a shop, some eatable.....still I dont find any mercy  from my husband.

Now my question is why does, husband does not take responsibility of wife and son.Wht the hell he married me and brought the child to this world.Does wife exist only to give physical pleasures.

Ranee....... (NA)     29 December 2011

@ Naveen, first you decide what you really want.To continue this relation or not.

naveen (se)     30 December 2011

Dont you all feel , I'm making 100% attempt to make this marriage to go on smotth pace.Still when i dont find support from my hub, what should I do , So I rather thought to better give warning in first case?

rajiv_lodha (zz)     01 January 2012

In my view, talk 2 ur husband about all the troubles brewing up. If he is supportive of ur genuine demands n ready to address the issues then keep the relationship. Try 2 solve the most urgent issues 1st. Take him into confidence about some mutual move.

O'wise no point spoiling the life with such irresponsible person.....talk of MCD! Rest depends upn the fine print of ur story which u urself know!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register