Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ibrahim (Not working)     01 June 2012

Harassment call from dubai (bank for credit card payment)

Sir,

I had taken some credit card from some dubai banks when i was working in dubai...i came back to india after i lost my job due to recession at that time i had outstanding in some credit cards...i have cleared two bank credt cards later on with settlment with bank...

My  problem is somebody calling from dubai(bank) to my house and theatening to my father who is not relating to my debt . He is using very bad words, telling them that they will send gundas to home etc...

I have his mobile(dubai) number from which number he is calling.... Can i or my father give any legal complaint here for the harrassment/threatening calls when i have his dubai mobile number ?

I had told him that this is small amount like Dh: 8000 so i will be going back to dubai and i will settle there once i get new job but he is not listening calling daily many times to home and using same above said.

i kindly request you to reply your valuable legal point regarding above subjects..

Thanks & Regards

ibrahim

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 June 2012

Analyze the language, style, tone, transcriptt of the calls. The caller may be using the monotonous language.

Drive the calls in a manner that caller does the same thing again i.e. threatening, intimidation, coercion.

Record the call. Your father may lodge a complaint with police commissioner, Senior Citizen cell if he is senior citizen. Probably your father is owner the telephone connection at which the caller is calling?

You have to pay the banks the amounts you owe to the banks.

The banks can not grant infinite time for settlement. Try to pay the debt as ap.

The banks must have updated OTS as written off. The banks must have reported your delinquent transactions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register