Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NEEDHELP123 (xyz)     17 December 2013

Harassed by tikona

Dear Experts,

I have used PREPAID wireless broadband service from Tikona in the month April 2012.
I took a 6 months bundle pack (Rs.2400/- for 6 months) for which I have got free modem & installation.
I have used it for 6 months and stopped using later on due to poor connectivity and speed issues (As I was not satisfied with the speed and its performance).
Tikona has sent me 3 to 4 bills from September 2012 to till date and they are demanding me to return the modem otherwise Rs.1500/- as penalty.
I requested mailing address of Tikona so that I can send the modem to them. But they are insisting me to pay the Rs.5000.00 bill amount and Rs.1500.00 for modem. They also told that under THE INDIAN WIRELESS TELEGRAPHY ACT, 1933 I'll be procecuted in case I failed to return the modem (telegraphy instrument). Is it true?

So what are the necessary steps I need to take in order to get rid Tikona's harassment? 

Learning

10 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 December 2013

You had stopped using connection.

But did you instruct them to disconnect the connection at their helpline or in person or in writing?

If yes the connection should have been disconnected at once and you should not have been billed from that day or within 7 days.

The security payment should have been adjusted in final bill.

Was it sated in the contract/SEF that you shall be the owner of Modem?

You may go thru the links and attachments and thereafter issue a fitting reply to their notice thru your lawyer.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=33211&offset=1#.UlFTutKAqWM

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/TELEPHONE-SERVICES-AND-CONSUMER-FORUM-188966.asp#.UnDwPSeo1oo

Attached File : 949070580 broadband quality of service regulations bb 26-10.pdf, 949070580 faq.doc, 949070580 rti govt thinking on telecom consumer complaints.doc downloaded: 270 times

NEEDHELP123 (xyz)     18 December 2013

But did you instruct them to disconnect the connection at their helpline or in person or in writing?

If yes the connection should have been disconnected at once and you should not have been billed from that day or within 7 days.

Actually I have shifted my house by then requested for temporary disconnection by phone.

Tikona has barred the broadband services, later they terminated on their own without my concern.

Then onwards they started mailing me the bills (including the first six months billing cycle for which I have paid in advance).

I want to understand that what is the difference between PREPAID and POSTPAID connection? 

I have seen some other broadband/mobile (prepaid) providers once we don't pay the bill the connection get disconnected.

The security payment should have been adjusted in final bill.

Was it sated in the contract/SEF that you shall be the owner of Modem?

Sorry, I don't have that copy of SEF. Is it possible to request a SEF copy? But, I'm ready to to return the modem if they provide me proper channel to return it.

You may go thru the links and attachments and thereafter issue a fitting reply to their notice thru your lawyer.

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2013

You can demand the copy of SEF and cite that you are willing to pay the fee if any for that.

NO company charges and fee for providing the copy of SEF.

If modem is to be returned as per agreement then company should collect it from you under proper acknowledgement.

If you have seen other companies disconnecting the connection if prepaid amounts are exhausted then M/s Tikona should also be doing it.

M/s Tikona should bill up to the date of disconnection by it only.

After disconnection if any amount was balance then it  should have been paid to you by M/s Tikona.

You can learn about postpaid and Prepaid broadband connections from M/s Tikona other companies pointed out by you and TRAI.

TRAI is under purview of RTI so this route can also be adopted.

Approach your lawyer with whatsoever docs and record you have you have and let your lawyer submit a fitting reply to the notice.Your lawyer may prefer to demand details and docs from M/s Tikona.

Tikona Care (CSE)     18 December 2013

Dear Subscriber, Greetings from Tikona. We have noted your post. In order to assist you further, we would require your contact or Tikona User ID details. We have assigned a reference number #TIKDC0967 to your case. Requesting you to mention the reference number in the subject line while sharing your details with us on tikonacare@tikona.in Regards, Tikona Care

Tikona Care (CSE)     24 December 2013

Dear Subscriber, This is a gentle reminder to follow-up on your concern listed on Dec 19, 2013. Requesting you to share details in order for us to assist/resolve your concern. Kindly share your details with us on tikonacare@tikona.in mentioning your assigned reference number TIKDC0967 in the subject line. Regards, Tikona Care

NEEDHELP123 (xyz)     28 December 2013

Hi Tikona care, I have requested for SRF several times to the customercare but no care and response. It is an open form that is why I'm not sharing my details here. Kindly respond to subscribers requests. Thanks.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 December 2013

It is never mandatory to give email id or phone number in contact details.

The citizen/consumer can even provide the address of his counsel/lawyer and instruct/order the offender company to write to his lawyer only.

It is reiterated that company shall have to supply the certified copy (under seal and signature of competent employee of company) of SEF/SRF and that too by redg. post.

All telecom companies perceive the demand of supply of SEF/SRF as the worst thing that can happen to them.

No one is willing to supply the certified copy of SEF/SRF..................................

We have succeeded in drilling sense into the heads of M/s Airtel and now the local BM is so recipient to all demands of all customers that there is no problem at all.

This BM was informed that his photo along with his vital information shall be circulated to all consultants/job placement agencies etc along with criminal complaint filed by consumer and like the company sends it agents (Collection/Recovery) to residences of citizens, the community of the harassed customer shall be sending its members to his residence, his native place, school/offices where he has any one..........................................The address of CCE/Managers  at helpline were located and in reality there were calls at their personal numbers and a few visits at their address..........................

These fellows have vowed not to harass any one again in this lifetime.

They admitted that they are told , ordered and trained to execute the orders of their masters and that if there is any adverse action the company shall take care.......................................While in fact no legal cell person, lawyer of the company, manager of the company came forward............................................

The learning is that employee should not execute the illegal, unlawful, orders of the employer and managers.

Gather a crowd of well wishers, near and dear ones, locality residents, community members and leaders, friends, colleagues, peers, etc...............................and drill the sense into the head of local BM (video graph the whole matter preferably in the presence of media) and later lodge a complaint with police/criminal complaint thru your lawyer.

If the fault is at the end of company then without any tantrums it should refund the amounts wand beg apology in writing.

Abhishek (student)     22 April 2014

PLease share your case and share page to get justice https://www.facebook.com/tikona.fraud

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 April 2014

On the bottom of  right hand side of this page you shall find option " SEARCH TOPICS & POSTS"....................

Type Tikona and you shall be guided to all threads started for M/s Tikona.

Invite all querists and all near and dear ones whose contact details you have to the Facebook page.  

Spread awareness.

DOT has once again clarified that Individual Customers can file consumer complaints against Telecom companies................................

You may go thru following thread and download notification;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Consumer-court-can-now-decide-telecom-complaints-100830.asp#.U0wKFEeBmXU

Yatin   22 August 2015

Another customer from mumbai cheated by tikona & being harrased since pas few months.

Same story. PREPAID via cheque for 2 month plan in advance . Disconncted their service with approx 40-50GB data unused and before 8 days of expiry date since their signal quality and support is UTTER CRAP.

Recd overdue bill notice after 1 month for no usage at all . I called and told them i'm not even using their CRAPPY service since long and they said, you must request in writing.

I said but your sales guy never told me and without that how is a PREPAID customer supposed to know that? Why should a PREPAID customer have to send you a written request for discontinuation? And why don't you tell the customer that at the time of buying?

Anyway, I asked the CCE to take my request for cancellation and was informed that I won't get any more calls. However, the calls & overdue bill statements for no usage continue even after almost 6 months.

I wrote to their nodal/appelete email addresses too repeating my case to which i received only TEMPLATE reply. Today Received a call from someone claiming from Tees Hazari Court Delhi ( Phone: 8527218951 .

The CRAPPY Dumb tikona don't even know that people can easily find out from web forums like h t t p://w w w .lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harassement-by-tikona-94269.asp that those fraudster callers are simply their recovery agents impersonating as paralegal.

I notice that "Tikona Custome Care" (Online Reputation Management team!) replies to some of the treads on the web including this site. I challenge them to talk about USING CRIMINAL IMPERSONATION adopted by their team ( truecaller identifies it as tikona ) besides just asking for customer id ( Mine is 111-24-96-448 and Billing #124097945 )

I'm DISGUSTED to see the utter low levels Tikona can go in their fraudelent billing and criminal recovery process. Despite knowing that these are not legitimate calls from court i made online payment today for 1900 odd Rs to them shown as outstanding and ONCE AGAIN requested termination via email because my *TIME* is far more precious to me.

I could go on & on. The bottomline. PLEASE AVOID TIKONA. THE SPEED IS TRASHY, THE SERVICE IS THIRD RATE CANNED REPLIES; THE BILLING IS OUTRIGHT FRAUD & RECOVERY IS CRIMINAL IMPERSONATION MASQUANDERING AS TEES HAZARI COURT

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register