I received USA work visa (H1B) in 2011 and got permission to work between Nov 2011 to Nov 2014. I got married in early 2012, but due to marital discord, I had to file for divorce. In retaliation my now ex-wife filed 498A with the following sequence of events :-
- FIR filed in 2013 against me and my parents (NO arrest and NO Judicial custody)
- High court granted me Anticipatory Bail in 2014
- Chargesheet filed in End of 2014
- Regular bail granted to me and my parents in early 2015 by the magistrate
- Early 2016, High Court quashed the FIR against me
A company is willing to transfer my H1b visa, In the form DS-160, there is a question:-
1) Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offence or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?
I was never arrested and no charges were framed in IPC 498A against me and the FIR stands quashed. As such there is no arrest record or conviction, What should be my answer?