LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Archana   16 August 2015

Guidelines to follow will

My father passed away 2 years ago (mother is deceased since 28 years). As per his Will, the flat (bought from his income) has been transferred equally amongst his children (2 daughters and 1 son). My brother said he would give our share, but now he is avoiding meeting us in person and not responding to our call, messages and coveyed messages through his wife (because he has taken up job in another city). However, his wife and children continue to stay in the same house. His wife told us that he has told her to keep out of all this.

Please advise: 

Can we send a notice to him? if yes what content needs to be added.

We are hesitant to take a legal action as this will spoil our relations as a family

how can we warn him to act on this aspect?

Kindly help. Thank You!

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2015

Someone has to involve and indulge.....................................if not a lawyer then some neutral elders that you trust.

Or you can very well inform the Secretary/President about the death of owner and His WILL, and that the brother is not more a nominated person to handle the affairs of flat.

Or the secretary can provide the forms/formats to transfer the flat in the name of ClassI legal heirs i.e. Brother and 2 sisters..................and that can be submitted.

Or the lawyer can issue the notice to parition and demand rent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register