Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devendra (Project Manager)     04 July 2014

Guardian incapable of supporting minors

This is regarding two minors whose mother died in an accident in 2011, who was working in CGHS as Staff Nurse (Central Govt employee). Their father expired long back. In absence of any of the parents, Grandfather took guardianship of minor girls, currently aged 16 and 9.

Kids started living with Grandfather, who himself is of old age, and living under influence of his others sons (uncle of minors). Grandfather got transferred money left in saving account of mother of minors to joint account opened with kids, after getting guardianship, and the same was consumed for education and living expenses of these minors. After consumption of money, minors were not receiving proper treatment and hence they had to leave their stay with Grandfather, who himself is living with his other son.

Now kids are staying with friends of their mother but are left with no money to cover living expenses. In order to get payments of GPF, Family Pension, NSC and LIC, minors need help of their grandfather for necessary proceedings as he is still their legal guardian, but the issue is that Grandfather is under influence of his other son and not supporting to file for necessary claims. Further, he has been sent to his village so that kids cannot approach him for their work.

Request forum members for necessary advice.

 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query