LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Md. Zafar Akhtar   26 June 2017

Gratuity for private school teacher in gujarat

Dear One 

just i would liketo know that i have worked in a private cbse school in Bharuch Gujarat for seven years from March 2010 to March 2017. now i have resigned. I would like to know that am I eligible for the gratuity as per rule and regulation. kindly inform me as soon as possible.


 9 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     27 June 2017

You are eligible to get gratuity from your former  employer.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 June 2017

You are eligible for gratuity, submit your claim to school authorities.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 June 2017

School Authorities must designate one employee as gratuity officer and display such name and powers in work place in a prominent place.  Also contact your Teacher's union/Association for guidance  as individual is not comeptent to fight against an employer school.

1 Like

Ramesh   27 June 2017

dear zafar akhtar,


   your 100% Elegible for Gratuity as per gartuity (amendment) act 2009,the employee who are worked for not below 5 years can availe all benifites which provided under gratuity act.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

Teachers in private schools were made eligible with retrospective effect from 1997.

Submit FormI under proper acknowledgment and mention that the 'Notice of Determination of Gratuity' and payment was not supplied to you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

The establishment is liable to tender payment within 30days from LWD or tender interest @10%pa for the delayed period.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 July 2017

Hope you are satisfied.

jagadish paranjape (Advocate)     25 October 2017

It is not obligatory for you to claim gratuity from the school.It is the duty of the school management to pay you gratuity.

Since they have failed to do so,you may make an application to controlling Authority under Gratuity Act in your area.

You may seek guidance from any trade union in you area or take help from local lawyer conversant in labour laws.

You are legally entitled to gratuityas well interest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads