LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Christinamarry (Teacher)     03 June 2011

Grandmother property

My grandfather had only one son, that is our father. Both my grandfather and my father is no more.  Before grandfather death, he transfered the property to our grandmother.  Who is now 78 years old.

As the property was on my grandmothers name, she never treated our mother and us [the grandchildren well]. We are four grandchildren to our grandmother.   Two males and two females, all are married.

Now our both brothers [the grandsons] acquired the property from our grandmother.

Do, we the granddaughters and our mother have any rights over our grandmother's property which she have transfered to our brothers.

As our grandmother is too old, she is not in a good position to take a decision as she depend her grandsons, rather than granddaughters.

Please advice whether we can challege it.

Learning

2 Replies

prabhakar singh (advocate)     03 June 2011

you have not disclosed by what deed transfer in favour of your brothers has taken place?The next thing is that was it a property bought by your grand father from his own earnings or he inherited from his father,and by which document it was tranferred by him in favour of your grand mother?what is date of death of your grandfather as well as that of your father? THESE ARE MUST FACTS TO MEET YOUR PROBLEM IN EFFECTIVE MANNER.

Christinamarry (Teacher)     03 June 2011

Dear Gi, our grandfather bought the property with his own earnings.  Both my grandfather died 3 years ago and father died 2 years ago.

The tranfer of property from my grandmother to grandson happened at a register office few months before wihout our mom and we  [sisters] knowledge.

Actuall we sisters and mom kept in dark of what kind of deal or tranfer they do.

Please advice what step we can take now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register