Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sapnalakshmi (AE)     02 January 2012


Dear All I have a property at karnataka and i have only the xerox copy of GPA for the property. I would like to ensure and get necessary original documents. how do i proceed on this. please help.


 3 Replies

kumar (NIL)     02 January 2012

Dear Sapnalakshmi,

Let me know two things here, First one  -  You are the GPA Holder to the property OR else You Have Given the GPA to sum others for the same property. Secondly - Does the GPA got registered or not !

Tel me these things, i will try to help you out.

Sapnalakshmi (AE)     07 January 2012

The GPA is in Father's Name. He is expired. GPA is not registered


Please do the needfull

kumar (NIL)     09 January 2012

Dear Sapna,

As you said the GPA is in your father's name and he is expired, the GPA is not registered.

As per my knowledge these transaction is invalid, why because actual GPA holder is your father and he is expired. So automatically the GPA will be cancelled, and one more thing GPA holder cannot transfer his rights to another GPA. And the main thing in this transaction is GPA not registered. If in case the GPA is registered, then will have a right on property. But as your father is expired, and the GPA will cancell.

You can do one thing in this, if you know the seller of your property (wer your father has been purchase earlier) - you can ask to do registration on your name or else your brothers / mother's name (any of ther legal heir) 

I better suggesting you to approach an advocate and ask for the alternative.


Thank You, Have a Nice Day ...



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query