Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vignesh (manager)     13 April 2010

Gift Deed of immovable property


My  father wants to transfer a immovable property to me through a gift deed.Can anyone please guide me with the legal procedure and fees involved.

Thanks in advance.



 14 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     13 April 2010

Its just like a Deed of Conveyance. Like conveyance it too will attract 4.9% stamp duty (Gujarat) and 1% registration fees and is compulsorily registrable under Registration Act. PAN Nos., Passport size photos of the parties are other misllenious requirements for the same.

1 Like

vignesh (manager)     13 April 2010

Dear Darshan'sir,

I Sincerely appreciate your time.Basically the property is in bangalore and i am not sure if the stamp duty is the same in karnataka.I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with the same.

thanks again.


A V Vishal (Advocate)     13 April 2010


You have not mentioned the state where the property is situated. Stamp duty and registration charges differ from state to state.

vignesh (manager)     13 April 2010

Dear Vishal'sir,
basically the property is based in bangalore,Karnataka.

thanks again.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     13 April 2010

If a person in relation to donor is husband, wife, son, daughter, daughter-in-law or grand children stamp duty payable under the schedule to Karnataka Stamp Act is Rs.1000. Additional stamp duty towards local bodies is Rs.1000 and additional stamp duty towards infrastructure development is Rs.50. Total duty payable is Rs.2050. Additionally registration charges are payable.

1 Like

Anandvir Singh (Proprietor)     14 April 2010

Dear Sirs,

        Could you inform the stamp duties on gift deed of immovable properties as applicable in Uttar Pradesh. The gift shall be from Father to son & from mother to only daughter.

Thanks in advance


kewal singh chhatwal (owner)     18 September 2010

my sister has 8 acres of agricultural land in uttar pradesh and wants to gift it to my adult daughter. what is the procedure for gifting her land to my daughter and how much stamp duty is to be paid

Netrapal Singh (Officer HR & IR)     17 February 2011

Sir, My father wants to gift to me , a piece of land , so pls tell me what is the procedure for this and how much stamps duty required. this proparty is in Uttar Pradesh at Agra.

rajesh agarwala (officer)     25 November 2011



My  father wants to transfer a immovable property to me through a gift deed.Can anyone please guide me with the legal procedure and fees involved on Orissa.



Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     25 November 2011

Dear Rajesh,

How did your father get this property( self acquired, inherited or from partition )..?

karthik (Team LEader)     21 February 2012

Dear Mr A V Vishal ,

The information provided by you was a vital one,my concern is i am taking care of my father inlaw (Bangalore) who is not well,I mean (not in money transactions) but helping him at home and everything.

He would love to gift his self acquired property to me,which is 30 years old.

My questions are:- Will i be eligible to get the Gift Deed?

If i get the gift Deed whats the procedure to get it done?

Will the same stamp-duty imposes to me (as per karnatak Government)?

My Fatherinlaw is bedredern,how to get a gift deed signed by him?

What if ay of his family members claim for the gifted property,after the property is registered to me.that the property is ancestral property and files a suit on me?can they file?

Please help me out with these answeres.



karthik (Team LEader)     21 February 2012

Dear Mr A V Vishal ,

Another question which is forgot to ask - what would be the registration cost if the government value of the property is 10 Lak.


balwinder s bains (Nil)     12 October 2012


Can any one please advise the difference between a GIFT DEED and Transfer Deed?  If such deed happens in Punjab?

What could be the difference in terms of stamp duty payments or other registration fees involved in each case?

Does the gift deed can be executed by paying less money in coparasion of executing transfer deed?

Can a transfer deed be considered as gift deed by any reason? 

If any one execute a transffer deed (say father in favour of his daughter in Punjab) and donot pay relavent stamp duty but at a later stage he tries to excuse it as a gift deed because it attracts lesser stamp duty, will the court accept it?

If at any stage the advocate engaged by the petitioner (objecting sale or transfer deed) describes this deed as gift deed under illegal influence or by any reason even sabotage, Will the court accept this transaction as gift deed while its executed as transsfer deed.

Please advise.

Best regards & Thanks very much?





Vidya Sagar (Sr. Mgr)     15 May 2013


Good Afternoon !!

I'm willing to transfer my flat 51% to my daughter (6 years old). Property is located in South Mumbai. Could you please guide on how to transfer and what will be taxes.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query