Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

murali (SA)     27 November 2019

gift deed of father's house

Hi experts,
my father died without will. he bought a house with his money. he has a wife, 2 daughters, 1 son. He died 7 years ago. the house is still on my father's name it is undivided. I am the last daughter. now my mother and sister want to gift their undivided share in my father's house to me without my brother's consent. he is not willing to give his share. can I get gift deed registered of their 2 undivided shares. and how to get my share in the house. please suggest

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 November 2019

Your Mother and sister can gift their respective shares to you by executing a registered gift deed.But it is advisble to get property divided and distributed among the heirs first and then your mother and sister can gift thier specified shares to anyone. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 November 2019

As your brother is not willing to part his legally entitled share, you may ask all legal heirs for a settlement deed and your brother can retain his share.  Why your brother should give his share to you, and why mother, sisters gave their shares to you only is not known.  Contact your family friends or relatives and get a settlement deed once for all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register