LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohit (ABC)     22 March 2014

Gift deed

recently my friend get a property through gift deed. stamp papers are purchased after valuations and purchased online for gift deed. after all formalitites paper are submit to court for registration of gift deed.

when my friend get the paper after registaration. he found that each back contains stamp of sub-registrat and on one page he gets the detail of stamp duty he paid but at the same time in consideration amount coloumn contain the valuation amount of property,. But this is a gift deed then why they write consideration amount in that coloumn where stamp duty is mentioned by sub-registrar.

Kindly clear this.

thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 March 2014

Since the Sub-Registrar seal is common for all documents being registered and you have paid stamp duty after valuation of the property involved in donation there has been endorsement "in consideration amount coloumn contain the valuation amount of property,.

For further clarification show the document to local lawyer or the Sub-Registrar

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     22 March 2014

I endorse the clarification of Learned Dr. Vashista..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 March 2014

There is nothing wrong in such endorsement, however to clear your doubts, you may consult a local lawyer and clarify the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register