LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

athar shaikh (student)     28 September 2013

Gift deed

respected sir,
i am 51year female.matter is about my brother's property. he had no children. almost two years back my brother n his wife gifted his home to their neighbour as d neighbour some how managed him to do so. then my brother passed away two years back.then my bhabhi made a notary toward me n she passes away  3months back, now d neighbour is claiming to own dis house n all bullsh*t. some times he says i will buy it in 30lakhs n give u all money aftr registry. as d price of house is around 60lakhs. 
i also have two stamp paper of rupees 50 signed by my brother before is death n aftr his gift deed.
will u plz help me k what shud i do now??? can i get dat property.???


 2 Replies

jagadesh (engineer)     29 September 2013

Get Encumberence certificate for that property. And check the current owner. Verify document and patta. If the property is solely earned by him, he has rights to gift deed anyone. the registration becomes valid. you cannot claim.

ahmed (document writer)     30 September 2013


First of all you have to verify encumbrance over the said property if the encumbrance stand in your brother name then you can file declaration of owner suit before hon;ble civil court and if the nehighbour having any document he have to produce the same before the court otherwise court will decide the matter, this is better solution or may contact  to any lawyer    

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register