LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prachi   07 September 2016

Full and Final Settlement

Hi All, I was working with one of the corporate in Noida. When I decided to put down my papers I had an interim discussion with my reporting manager. I was advised to serve one month notice period. After serving the notice period when I received my F & F sheet. It had a deduction on the same for the shortfall in notice period. My appointment letter says three months notice for me. I have been fighting on the same with the management that why did the hr did not intervene on the same during my notice period. My three months notice has come for a shock for me and my manager. Now the management is not waving off my notice period. Management says I have signed the appointment letter. Please help me on the same. Can I take any legal action? Looking forward for replies.

Learning

3 Replies

BEENA SINGH (Business)     07 September 2016

Dear Prachi,

I would like to suggest you to check other terms and conditions of the appointment letter.

Whether after probation period you had been offered confirmation letter confirming your job?

Normally theree months is applicable if the employee is permanent. However, three month notice is not required if they had not offered confirmation letter. 

I am confirmed employee with 3 months notice period on my appointment letter. But shortfall in notice was not communicated to me during my notice period. Neither did my manager knew that notice for me is 3 months. But the management is not willing to accept the hr fault to communicate the same to the employee. Just wanted to know can management make such deductions w/o associate consent. Is it legal? Can management recover the shortfall w/o conveying the same to the associate. ? Thanks for your responding Beena.

I am confirmed employee with 3 months notice period on my appointment letter. But shortfall in notice was not communicated to me during my notice period. Neither did my manager knew that notice for me is 3 months. But the management is not willing to accept the hr fault to communicate the same to the employee. Just wanted to know can management make such deductions w/o associate consent. Is it legal? Can management recover the shortfall w/o conveying the same to the associate. ? Thanks for your response Beena.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register