Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jsmn (N/A)     04 September 2014

Fraud by study centre

I joined for B.Sc with a study centre in 2009 and paid an overall fee of Rs.20,000 towards the program. MD of the organization has cheated me by collecting the full fee and promising the Marksheet & Course Completion Certificates (No written proof is available for this).
Till I reached 3rd year of Bsc, I was not provided any marksheets or result details, despite successfully completing the first and second year exams.
I myself had visited the university multiple times in pursuit of the same and finally I was told my name is not registered under University students list.

After continued debates with the MD and struggle with the university for around 3 months, my name was enrolled in University.
Till 1 month before 3rd year exams, I myself was circling University for the results since MD/study centre stopped responding in any manner.
I had requested UGC for support and a letter had been issued by UGC secretary to University. Depending on that letter, Controller of University has provided me with original Marksheets and I was informed that 2 paper results were missing, hence I need to re-attempt in 3rd year.

In this way I completed 3rd year exams also with the same study centre itself and results were published online. I have been circling the university and the study centre from the past 2 years for Final year Marksheet and Course completion certificate. I was offered higher education opportunity in some Colleges in 2012, due to lack of relevant peripherals I lost it.
I have completed the course successfully, but my final year marksheet copy & Course completion certificate is not being issued from the University.
I was told that the Final year marksheet is with study centre, and if I require it from University I have to pay the university Rs. 13,900 for obtaining the same.
The said amount of Rs.13,900 is the pending fee in University records under my name. But, as per the study centre guidelines I paid full fee i.e., Rs.20,000 towards B.Sc.

Study centre office no more exists at the previous location. As per university records, officially study centre exists only at Malappuram, not Cochin.

I have the following documents proving the incident:
1. Fee receipts for Rs.15,000 issued by study centre with Cochin address
2. Online NEFT details to study centre account towards fee payment of Rs.5,000
3. Copy of Request letters to University & UGC secretary
4. Support letter copy issued by UGC to Controller, University
5. ID card of University issued by study centre
6. First & Second year marksheets issued by university in 2011 - Issued date is 2011.
7. Request letter copy to University to enroll my name under University in 2011.
8. Fee paid to university by study centre, given by University
9. Hand written document from university about the pending fee payments - Not an official letter
10. Certificate issued by Study centre mentioning the delay of the issue of Course completion certificate by University
11. University course catalog mentioning the existence of study centre registered office at Malappuram

I want to make a criminal case against the MD, for the pain and agony I have been through. Please guide me how to do that.


Thank you

 1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 September 2014

Simple: Approach a lawyer specializing in criminal cases at your location with all docs on record and whereabouts of the MD.

Proceed further under expert advice of your lawyer even if police complaint is to be lodged.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query