LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sameer (project lead)     14 October 2013

Two agrrement for same property

Our current residence is under redevelopment,and we wish to buy additional space in the new building in addition to our original space.builder has proposed two agreements for the property (300 sq feet with my dad's name and 100 sq feet with my name) ..is it legal to have two agreements for te same property?

can my brother claim on the property after my father if the 300 sq feet agreement is on father's name

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     14 October 2013

in a single flat how would you divide the share and demarcate the same into two????

you may the joint agreement for the single flat. yes after the death of your father your brother will also have a right in the share of his father, if it is decided otherwise by your father by way of will or gift deed in your name and or third persons name.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

sameer (project lead)     14 October 2013

So, even if it a joint agreement, i need to take no objection from my brother if i need to sell the flat after my father death

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     15 October 2013

yes you have to, except if your father make any will whereby all his share in the property shall belong to you only. then in that case you do not require any permission from your brother.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register