LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sukanya Basu (3rd year student of LL.B)     18 August 2013

Ancestral property

I am a 3rd year LL.B student my father does not stay in kolkata because of job, my widowed grand mother who stays alone in a flat separated my father,mother and me and she is also mentaly disturbed therefore thinking us to be her rival and other flat members to be her well wisher. Now we are getting news that she sold her flat to a flat member who fraudulently agreed to keep her in the flat still she is alive not sure of proper payment,but a deed is heard to have been made with proper payment details.

Now the question is, is it possible to sale a flat in this way?And myself being grand daughter didn't i have any right to file complaint against this fraudulent activity?we can't go that flat and investigate the actual comencement of such activity as because no one will give us the actual information and my grand mother being the sole living owner of the flat is said to have the right to sale the flat to any one.But such violation of human right an breach of contract with verbal confirmation of keeping her till death is it possible and valid.Don't we have any right to stop this and how?and how to extract the exact information of sale of property?On what ground i can file a complaint in local police station?

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     18 August 2013

first, you shall apply for search of EC in Registrar Office for a period of 15/20 years and if the flat is really sold it will generated in the EC.  if the transaction is done, the document number will be appeared in the EC.  then apply for certified copy of the document.  it is only suggestion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register