LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopal Konduparty (CEO)     02 April 2013

Buying land

A Hong kong based company can buy land in Andhra Pradesh ? If yes what are the procedures and permission to be taken prior to buying. The purpose of buying land for aggricuture.

Learning

8 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     02 April 2013

For industrial purpose you can purchase RBI permission is required for investment.

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     02 April 2013

Please let me know 1) the constitution of HK Based Comapany.  2) In which field of agriculture they want to invest.

As per RBI latest guidelines 100% FDI is permitted under Automatic Route for A) Floriculture, Horticulture, Apiculture and cultivation of Vegetables and mushrooms under controlled conditions.  B) Development and production of seeds  and planting materials.

Please provide the details so that we can guide you properly.

Dear Mr. Shastry ,

Thank you for your valuable information. The Hong kong based company is mainly on Power sector and they want to invest in Agriculture purpose in India. Please inform me whether :

1. Any limit for investment or Buying land ?

2. Is any prior permission is required  ?

3. How the payment will be effected in USD/ HKD/?

I will be thank ful for your information.

Regards,

Gopal K Ayyangar

Sir,

Thank you for your valued response. The Investment is on Land for Agricultural purpose only.

Gopal K

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     02 April 2013

My question on constitution means the promotoers... i.e. whether they are NRIs or OCB or foreign nationals... Your reply that they are in power sector means their present business... If they want to invest in agriculture for purposes other than which I mentioned earlier 100% FDI is not permitted without prior approval of RBI.. 

M V Gupta (Advocate)     02 April 2013

A foreign company cannot purchase agricultural land, as per the directives of the RBI.

Dear Mr. Gupta,

Thank you for your message.

Gopal K

Dear Mr. Shastry ,

As per HK law LLC to have minimum two directors and one is Indian doing business in HK. They are in Power sector and need some Agri land for some development and research work . They have selected particular area for this purpose. If RBI permision is required , what are the formalities ? Will you be helpfull to obtain such permisions if required ? 

Ideas can be given free but service can not be so , you will be paid your retainer fees accordingly.

If you dont mind you can send response to my mail id:saishreeaggro@gmail.com

Regards,

Gopal K

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More