Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Raj (Blogger)     31 March 2013

Experts advice required !!!

Greetings to Members!

I am from Rajasthan, i got married in Rajasthan, and after marriage we stayed in Bangalore and Chennai only, my wife is also from Rajasthan we never been to Delhi for staying is it possible that she can logged a case on me in Delhi Court?

My wife had submitted affidavit that Since May’ 2009 she has been shifted to Delhi, but the same time she is doing her Law(Till 2011) from Sri Ganaganagar, Rajasthan which is almost 600Kms from there, and also it’s not a correspondence it’s a regular degree. 

On 15th Feb 2011 at 5 PM, I received a summon from Family Court, Delhi to be present on 18th Feb 2011, which is highly impossible for a person like me as air fare is too expensive and getting train ticket is also very hard in such small time. So i sent a E-Letter (Telegram Via Post Office) requesting that this is very short  notice period and from Bangalore its highly impossible to reach there so kindly get me some other date.

To my surprise on 18th Feb I got next date to appear in court was 19th Feb and again for 22nd Feb. And it was not possible to reach there on date and on 22nd Feb court declared me as X Party and charged me fine as well.

I want to know Was this the correct decision of the court? If yes then how? If no then what should i do now?

I believe you are aware of LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a professional networking site. Where anyone can write anything on his/her profile. Couple of year’s back I was the director of IT Company, but due to some internal issues that company closed. That time my designation was there on LinkedIn but till today i haven’t changed that, it’s not mandatory. I just left or can say I missed changing that. Hardly matters.

Again shocking thing the other party submitted my LinkedIn profile printout in court stating that I am Director of Some Company and Earning 1 Lac per month.  How someone can assume my salary without cross checking?

My question is

“Is a social networking site is an evidence/ Valid Proof of a person’s current status”?

“Can court release the judgement based on social network site, without any cross check or verification/ validation?”

I am really pissed off with such things happening in my life. We don’t have political background. We are not so rich. So won’t I get justice?

Kindly Suggest me what should I do?

Learning

8 Replies

manoj joshi (advocate LEGAL ADVISOR AT IDBI BANK)     31 March 2013

dear friend

i just wanna warn u ...... i mean wanna inform u that women can do everyy thngg even u cant think of it ,if im not wrong our legal system is made for women only  not for men so beware of women..................

regd

(Guest)
Originally posted by : manoj joshi

dear friend

i just wanna warn u ...... i mean wanna inform u that women can do everyy thngg even u cant think of it ,if im not wrong our legal system is made for women only  not for men so beware of women..................

regd

Bacchon ko mat darao Joshiji :-))

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     01 April 2013

Dear Querist,

Whatever your objection(s) is/are, you may raise in the Written Statement when you enter appearance in the case before the Family Court in Delhi. If you have been direcetd to be ex-parte, your defence have been in a little waeker side. You may have to now make stronger defence to set aside the said ex-parte Order and then enter into the case.

Trust this would suffice.

Rabin Majumder

Advocate

Delhi

Abhijit Gomes (Operation Manager)     01 April 2013

Can anyone suggest me a reputed Divorce Lawyer based in Noida..ASAP Please!!!!!!

Amit Raj (Blogger)     01 April 2013

I really appriciate your reply Mr. Joshi. Also i learnt the reason behind your statement. I am afraid:)

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Originally posted by : manoj joshi

dear friend

regd

Bacchon ko mat darao Joshiji :-))

(Guest)

Check PM

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     10 July 2013

She has filed a case. You have to appear before the court, get the exparte order set aside, raise the maintainability issue in the court and press that the maintainability issue is first heard. 

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     10 July 2013

She has filed a case. You have to appear before the court, get the exparte order set aside, raise the maintainability issue in the court and press that the maintainability issue is first heard. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register