LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous (NA)     19 February 2013

5 years electricity bill !

I have a flat lying vacant in Faridabad since past 6 years. There is a electricity meter Installed at the premises and the developer has my Delhi address for all communication. On my recent visit to flat, i found that there was a pile of bills lying there and the total now amounted to over 1 Lakh with 50000 as late payment fees.

All the bills have the address for communication as my Delhi's residence address but, during all this time, they were being sent to this vacant flat . I contacted the company and the executives verbally did communicate that as a company policy, we drop a few bills at the flat but if its vacant, we send bills to the communication address.

The issue being
1. They did not send me bills at my communication address.
2. They did not disconnect my meter after few months as no bills were paid.

I saw 2 Judgements which somehow give me some hope.

1. "Bill could not be paid as it was sent to old address despite information given to OP by complainant - OP liable for disconnecting the supply - Directed to pay compensation of Rs. 15,000 - 2007(1) CPC 301 N.C."

2. "Maximum period for raising electricity bill is 6 months and no more - 2003(1) CPC 310 Pb."

My request for waiver of late payment fees has been denied. What options do i have here ? In my case, similarity exists as the bills were not delivered to the communication address but being delivered to a vacant flat. Do i have a case here ?

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

based on your post, if the flat is vacant and the meter was not running due to non usage - how even did you get the bills..i would expect it be the minimum charge for each month.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register