Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

authentic (junior worker)     18 September 2012

Relationships

Respected Sir/Madam,

Im 26yr manworkin in health care sector.I m in a relationship with a gal since 2 months.If we go around together for 3 months or a year n later break up, will it attract any legal attention.

In general i wanted to know if breaking up in a relation a crime?if a boy and a girl go around together,have or have not physical intimacy,then after few months or a year if one of them breaks up a relation,will it attract any legal attention.

what would be the consequences? continuing or breaking up a relation or marriage is ones own choice right?please answer and help remove my dilemmas bout this topic.

I wanted to know if a girl/boy commits suicide or attempts harmin oneself, after breaking up in a relation,will the other person be responsible for it? He/she never told the other person to commit suicide,it will be his /her choice to end the relation.If the other person is mentally traumatised after endin a relation,will it attract any legal consequences?

This s generel query as this s my first  serious relationship,so tryin to take precautions.KIndly advice.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     18 September 2012

Dear Querist, It is completely one's choice to continue or break-up a relationship it is not a crime. But in many a cases it is seen that when the guy wants to get off the relationship he is implicated in rape case, where the girl levels the allegation that her consent to s*xual intercourse was given under a misconception of fact i.e false promise of marriage. Where the guy promised to marry - got physical and dumped the lady. As regards the suicide part of it - just because one breaks up and other out of depression commits suicide won't make the other liable for abetment of suicide.

rahul (director)     18 September 2012

then how the guy will prove that he didnt promise to marry and s*x  happen as just casual both's consent without any marriage motive..

authentic (junior worker)     18 September 2012

so wat should be done if a girl tries to implicate a rape case if a guy breaks up  a re;ationship?even though there would not be promise of marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register