Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R C Nigam (xxxxxxxxx)     29 August 2012

Time to act

Friends,

Few years back, a CJI had remarked to indicate his painful feelings about the decay in Judiciary. Somewhat his words were: We are demolishing the building of Judiciary brick by brick, by our own actions..............

It is rather disgusting that there has been no improvement since the above observation. Contrarily, charges of all sorts against Judges even in Higher Courts have been reported. Climax was the record of BRIBE having been broken by a 'My Lord', when the amount crossed 100 Lacs, i.e. a Crore.

I cite a case, in which a hapless retired Central Govt (Northern Railway Lucknow) employee petitioned for payment of his retiral dues. This could have been decided in hardly 45 to 60 days. The Govt was required to have produced a receipt from the employee, indicating the payment had been recd OR it could have stated that the claim itself was wrong. Nothing of the two was done, instead the crookedly crafted reply was, 'Bills have been passed and nothing is due  for payment.'

More than couple of Affidavits, from 1993 (date of retirement) to 2008  were submitted in the Court, stating NOTHING WAS DUE for payment.. Surprisingly, an officer in the deptt, smelling fishy, directed his subordinates to put up details and payment of Gratuity was, thus, arranged after 15 years of retirement in 2008.

The case is still sub judice.

This is the story from a High Court, where no listing was done for 10s of months at a strech, but listed every week, when EFFORTS (PAIRAVEE) was resorted to. Can any body explain this phenominon? Does it not smack of.............?

I feel the judicial system, by its style of functioning, is not only demolishing its own citadel and abridging the Rights of poor citizens but pushing the nation to ANARCHY.

Under such conditions, it is expedient that all  concerned including the Mahamahim, the PM and the CJI must act, lest people may be disillusioned to the extent that they give up faith in judiciary and go to Mafias with their grievances for relief.

Creation of an ombudsman for listening complaints against reckless working of Judges and suggesting remedial measures, to bridle , counsel & take punitive action against the Judges and Advocates, is the need of the hour..

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register