LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 June 2012

@ Author 

I will slightly differ on your sniggering remarks on this DB Judgment for a simple fact that the minute a girl reaches a critical body mass her body weight is ideal for her to carry out the function of reproduction and the body gets into the mode of puberty by her hormones playing up. Fortunately for city based girls pan-India the average age now is confirmed to be 11 years instead of earlier 13 years to hit puberty so this girl in news is much better managed to look after her reproductive organs than her previous generation girls whose averaged at 13 yrs a decade ago.

This DB Judgment is one such progressive Judgment that has kept pace with changing medical aspects hitting society and influencing social Laws as predicted by me almost 1 year ago here in one of my posts on teen pregnancies and early onset of puberties among fatherless girls which time pass female brigade ultimately got purged.

Now without hurting sentiments of my Muslim readers / advocate friends the news mentioned teen being a Muslim all that I can value add to this Judgment is that it is basically the animal fat which has been shown to aggravate puberty to hit at an early age as medically proved by peer reviewed journals and Muslims as an community are found in general to consume more animal fat in their diet compared to Hindus / other religions communities so therefore one must make sure that one cuts down a lot on the animal protein content in one's diet if puberty stats. to be contained and this Judgment to be commented negatively is my core views whether you agree or not is not my concern now having shed medical gyan into this DB Judgment!

bhima balla (none)     06 June 2012

Tajobsji,

Let me correct myself-I am not commenting on early marriage , puberty etc in my above post-but on the part which says she is Ok to marry under 18 years and then resort to option of annulling the same after she attains 18 years! What kind of thinking is that? Does it make any sense? I am only posting this as to get opinions and comments by learned folks and have fun in the meantime!

I have always held that the moment that woman attains puberty-as per nature she can conceive! Age bar, minimum age, age of consent etc are created by law and has nothing to do with nature! Nature has its own laws irrespective of man made laws. Chinese one baby per family, Indian 18 years for consensual s*x all fall in this man made artificial laws category!

@ Author,

oops, yes that part is confusing for society in general and your subsequent observation on that part is on right footing. My revised view now is that marriage should not be allowed with such "stern observations by a DB" for just next few years! I mean where the poor girl will go if at 18 years her marriage ends up in some triple Talaq from this man and then this man gets eligible to bump another one and so on so forth, which is pervasive observation in the news reporting on the DB Judgment so it seems at this stage?.

As a suggestion let us hold posting such juicy NEWS till say one is able to lay hand on actual Judgments from judic.nic.in portals as lot of other clarity comes from bare reading of those Judgments then some un-trained reporters reporting of legal outcomes in his own ways and creating debates among we innocent readers ?
J

[by large reporting such News items turns Family law forum bit more juicy and increases membership consider that angle too on and off :-) ]

Wait !

Allow me to take back my second reply.

I say the observation of DB is on right footing that at the end in the Writ petition they ensured giving protection to a teen girl from traceries of bestiality of man till another 5 years as this little girl is right now 13 years and majority age as per Law is considered to be 18 years – right, so they (DB) wanted this teenr’s marriage to survive minimum 5 more years then let us see what the husband may cook up and side by side reporting to Authorities once a month is also guaranteed for the teen in the Judgment which is quite balance so allow me to withdraw my second reply which I wrote in hast under the influence of Mumbai’s freak showery nite
J .

Leaving space for others to place their view………………

sri (ceo)     06 June 2012

progressive thinking is marrying after self sufficiency by the woman... she should get a job and earn enough to sustain livelihood... normally this happens around 18 years... before that it just adds to liabilities of child and her dependencies on husband or whosoever...

judicial system stinks decades back and nobody bothers to use developmental outlook in judicial orders...

in between we talk about animal fat, muslims, etc...

absurd discussion...

@ Sri,

read at leisure 100% literate State news reporting

https://www.deccanherald.com/content/170084/child-marriages-high-kerala.html

Malappuram is one of the districts in Kerala where girls are married off before they hit 18. It is a Muslim dominated district. Another sad part is Arabi Kalyanam (wedding to Arabs) that is Arabs marry the girl / women and abandon them.

This news put before us by @ Balla is from
Delhi which is a metro city and do read above news from Kerala which is 100% literate State and then attempt to file an PIL before Hon'ble SC for reversing their earlier Judgments in cases where minor girl’s herself says she wants to live with the man!

Hanuman’s
leap when shall we expect @ Sri ?

Court cannot interfere in Executive functioning by passing a Writ that now all marriages will take place only when a girl / women is self sufficient. BTW can you come up with a national yardstick for "self sufficiency" for girl / women pan
India which you may propose for discussion being CEO !

(Guest)

See how this old man is jumping over this news..may be he is thinking to get Kachchi kali every month!

...Irene... (Bean Counter)     06 June 2012

@ Ms Rakheja,

In case you are not able to comprehend the subject matter of the discussion, it is about the order giving validity of the marriage of a  Muslim girl. 

Interested persons were having good discussion "to the point".

Why do you want to spam the Bulletin Boards?

And 

We are not interested in Tajobs' age/ other personal attributes!!!

Stop these spammings!!!

PERIOD.

cm jain sir (ccc)     06 June 2012

Now court shall also direct the Government to provide creche and child care facility at schools and colleges because from 6th class onwards girl can become mother. 

I think this is called: Andher nagari - Chaupat raja!

(Guest)

Only the Islam is true religion who understand the lady/girl and give full rights as per that understanding.

1 Like

bhima balla (none)     06 June 2012

Question:

Are the couples allowed to consumate marriage before she turns 18 years or she is 'married' in name only and under the care of government till she turns 18?

(Guest)

My view : For the Hindus marry before 18 but consummate marrige after she become 18.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register