Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amar (nil)     28 November 2011

Dispute over ancestoral property ..... plzzzzzzzzzzzz help

hello sir......

plz help me over my queries about the ancestoral house we r living in ....

well my grandpa had  built a house in 1974and a shop too....... he had 4 sons and 2 daughters .... 3 sons(my father , my chcha ji and 1 taya ji) were in indian air force while 1( tayaji ) went abroad......

then in 1988  my grandpa died without any will ............ my father who is the 3rd son left his job (this option was available for evry other job doing son also) and started living in the ancestoral house  with grand mother.... and for living he started the shop again....... everything was going very fine ..... till 2005 when  my grandmother died and tht too without any will....... from 1988 till2005 grandmother lived with us ..... we took care for all her expenses ...... while none of other sons gave not even a penny to grand mother......  in 2009 my father died........ and now i am living in this ancestoral house with my mom and wife ......i m 28 years old.......i m also sititing in tht shop to make my living ........ my 1 taya ji is well setteled in chandigarh...... and 1 chacha is also building his house after his retirement from airforce.......and 1 tayaji who lived  abroad has died......

and now my tayaji and chacha ji is asking for thier share in the house ........ and as of now i dont have tht much money tht i cud give them......... plz tell me wht to do ?????? wht does law say about it???????

for 17 years neither my chacha nor my taya took any care of my grandmother ........ and after 22 years suddenly they r asking about their shares.......plzzzzz help meeeee and tell me wht shud i do ????

Learning

7 Replies

amar (nil)     28 November 2011

by the way my religion is sikh

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     29 November 2011

You cannot do anything your uncles are entittle for the share.

amar (nil)     29 November 2011

ya but the thing is tht they dint take care of my grand mother neither norally nor financially............even wen she was ill for her last 2 years......noone came here to take care of her.......they dint give any monthly expenses to her for 17 years.......

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     29 November 2011

Dear Amar,

How long have you been in possession of that property. They are entitled to share and just because they are entitled to a share does not mean they can throw you out. Law does not permit that.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 November 2011

Amar,

Your uncles have rightly claimed and shall have their share.

Law does not go by sentiments as explained in your above story.

amar (nil)     29 November 2011

well we r living in tht house for 23 years now .......... we have put in a lot  in tht house ...... 23 years is not a small time ..........

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     29 November 2011

Dear amar, On proof of your living there for 23 years, will make it very difficult for your uncles to dispossess you, as you have 1/3rd right over the said property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register