Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh Kumar (Contract Engineer)     05 March 2011

Regularisation ofContract Employment

Dear Sir

I am working in Powergrid Corporation of India a Govt of India PSU as an Executive on contract  basis from last 4 and half years for a period of 5 years. My recruitment was done based on written test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview that is the general procedure followed in recruitmant of regular post. Only difference is that minimum percentage of marks sought in regular vacency is 65% where as in our recruitmant it was 55 %. Now only 6 months are left in expiry of contract. At present approximately 25 to 30 employees are left in service and we are planning to go for legal option for regularisation. shall we proceed or not may be adviced.

Thanking You

Gyanesh

Learning

1 Replies

Nagesh Babu K L (Company Secretary)     21 March 2011

Conducting written test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview that is the general procedure followed in recruitmant of regular post. It does not create a valid reason for regularising the employee to the Rolls. This is a method or process of the company to asssess the candidate skill set, knowledge etc for the required post. If any clause mentioned in the contract letter about regularising on completion of the contract etc, that might be valid reason. I think we need to look into ACT related to contract employment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register