LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashfhq (HR)     29 December 2010

Tenant Not Vacating

Dear Sir, My father bought a house in chennai in 1992 and let out to his friend at the same point of time.Now its almost 18yrs and the tenant is not ready to vacate.Since he is our friend for 30yrs now there is no tenancy agreement or rent recipt.The tenant is demanding 5lacs to vacate the property but claims that he gave us a hand lone of 5lacs at different point of time and he gave it on trust & there is no proof for the same. All the property documents(property purchase, EB, Water Tax) is in my father's name. The tenant is not ready to negotiate. I need a legal advice to vacate him and in case if I file a legal case how long will the case run for and the favour of judgement.Also he has not paid us the rent for almost 6months now. Seeking a legal advice. Thanks in Advance. Regards Ashfhq

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

send a legal notice that the building is need for your own use and the tenant is a wilful default of rent.  After that file a suit for eviction/ejectment  if it is urban limits if it in town/city file  Rent Control Original Petiton  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register