LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendran Dandapani (Programmer)     27 August 2010

Dormant Condition for EPF accounts

I have a EPF accounts (2 from each of my previous employers). Now I am in a third company. Is there something like dormant accont in EPF. What would happen if the EPF account is untouched for more than six years. 

Can some one help please?

Learning

3 Replies

Ruchi Choudhary (Manager-HR)     27 August 2010

There is nothing called dormant account in EPF; instead you will get 8% interest p.a on the amount which is there in your account and you can withdraw the same anytime you want.

Umesh A Wagh (Service)     27 August 2010

I hear that the concerned authorities are toying up with the idea of not giving any interest on PF accumulation it does not get withdrawn within a certain timelimit  by the member on his/her cessation of employment.

KB Prakash (service)     15 January 2011

the object of the EPF Act is to provide social security to the working class,   it is under consideration that, those who had  left the service and not withdrawn their pf moneys before 3 years, no interest can be given.  EPFO  is not a bank to give away the interest.  it is therefore suggesed that, you have to transfer your previous PF to your present PF account.  you can logon to epfindia.gov.in to get acquainted with some of the dos &donts. for members

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register