LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Palki Sarkar   25 October 2018

Suppression of previous employment

I got two govt jobs in space of 3 months.I had worked for 2.5 months when joining of 2nd job came.I resigned with immediate effect and joined the new job.In the staff joining form,I didn't mention this job.Earlier at the time of interview,I had to fill attestation form which I had filled correctly.I now have got resignation acceptance letter.Can I be terminated for suppression of facts?Can I get lesser punishment?

Learning

7 Replies

Sudheendra (Social worker )     25 October 2018

Can I be terminated for suppression of facts?

Depends on whether the two govt jobs connected to each other where the recruitment authorities are well connected.

Can I get lesser punishment?

If you have not drawn salary from both the jobs in one single month and as long as you promise yourself to be silent about the whole issue, it should be alright, unless it has already become an issue for which the government has served you any notice.

Sir,I have not drawn any salary.My resignation has been accepted wef the same date I resigned.If someone complains,can I be terminated

Silence in matters like this is worth in Gold.

Focus on your new employment and do not be concerned unnecessarily. If someone actually complains it can dealt then.

Thanks for your advice.But I fear that I will be dismissed.This is giving me stress since I will become unemployable.I was new and I committed blunder

Have you been issued any notice?

Yes Sir,for suppressing previous employment showcause has been issued

Palki Sarkar   26 October 2018

Sirs,Please reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register