Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daggupati Venkat   18 June 2018

credit card default

Dear sir/madam,

I had taken a credit card(Limited Rs10,000) from one of the private bank in the year 2006. And had made some payments and after 2 years, could not able to repay due to some reasons as amount gone to 20k(2008).

Due to illness(affected with long-term decease), did not go to work regularly, and this led me huge due with the bank.

The card expired in the year 2011. Then the bank people came up for the settlement(Rs52000), but could not able to make settle the amount too.

Later, I used to get calls from recovery agencies very often and i ignored all these years. Now recently i'm better at my side(health), continually going to office, earning.

Now i want to resolve this issue. Please guide me.

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 June 2018

Write such a letter by Regd post  to the Bank and negotiate.

If your card is not sold to outside recovery agents they may come forward,

if it is sold, nothing you can do and have to pay the demanded amount after such negotiations.

Almost the complaints of default credit holders are one and the same and credit card purchases are not treated as borrowings for a productive activity.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 June 2018

If you are willing to pay then remember;

Settlement is adverse entry and shall affect your credit wirthiness...

If possible negotiate and get in writing that lender/ CC company shall call back the name from list of defaulters from credit bureaus e.g; CIBIL, EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN.................and internal list of blacklisted customers etc etc and the payment by you ( on full ort settled amount) shall not affect your credit wirthiness...loan taking ability in immediate future from date of settlement and you will be provided with authenticated copies of communications with credit bureaus....and credit report showing name of member i.e. lender/ CC company......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register