LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amita (Recruiter)     06 April 2010

Settlement of dues

I was working with a Pvt. Ltd. Company for the last more than 5 years. During this period, I got married & after around 2 yrs of my marriage, I got pregnant. I was advised bed rest by the Doctors, as it was not possible for me to travel a long distance. I contacted my employer on phone & detailed my condition & intimated that I will be on leave till the Doctors permit me to join. During this period I was in contact with the employer through telephone & they also advised me to take proper care & also assured that I can join whenever I feel comfortable. During the rest period, due to some unknown reasons I had a miscarriage & was once again advised rest. After recovering a bit, I joined my duty but came to know that my duty hours have been changed & I was also handed over a fresh letter of appointment, which I did not accepted. I tried to work for some days but when it became impossible, I intimated verbally to the employer that I am unable to continue due to my poor health & the changed terms of appointment. After 10-15 days, I contacted the employer on phone & asked for my salary dues. In reply to my phone call, they sent a letter stating that I am absent unauthorizedly. Till now I’ve recd 3-4 letters (including a notice from an advocate) wherein the employer has started making allegations some of which are very personal to any women, just to complicate the entire matter & mentally torturing me.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register