Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santhosh   07 February 2018

Incorrect name in sellers katha which results in name mismatch in buyers saledeed and ec after the registration.

Dear Sir,

Below is my query,

Buyer:  Sri Santhosh
Seller: Smt JALAJAKSHI

In the Seller property documents below is the information,
Name as per SALEDEED                       : Smt JALAJAKSHI 
Name as per Encumbrance Certificate [EC]   : Smt JALAJAKSHI
Name as per KATHA                          : Smt JALJAKSHI 

Notice the 4th letter "A" missing in the name present in the KATHA as it is printed wrongly as "Smt JALJAKSHI" instead of "Smt JALAJAKSHI"

Now coming to the buyer side the registration is already done and the SALEDEED is available, so with this the owenrship of the land is with Sri Santhosh.
In the Buyer property documents below is the information,
The name pertaining to buyer is all correct but there seems to be some problem in the backside of page No.2 as the information gets downloaded from the sellers Katha.
As the name printed in the sellers katha is "Smt JALJAKSHI" instead of "Smt JALAJAKSHI" which is the 4th letter "A" missing the same gets downloaded to buyers saledeed 
as well as in the EC.

So now in the Buyers Saledeed after the registration below is the information,
Backside of Page No.2 sellers name            : "Smt JALJAKSHI"
Encumbrance Certificate [EC]  Seller Name     : "Smt JALJAKSHI"

Now we can see the mismatch in the name "Smt JALAJAKSHI" v/s "Smt JALJAKSHI" in the buyers SALEDEED and also in EC as normally the EC will be taken for 12-15 years.

Could you please help to answer my below questions?
1\ How to resolve this problem in saledeed considering i will be going for resale after 2 years , since the buyer of my property will be able to see this mismatch.
2\ How to update the sellers name correctly in EC from   "Smt JALJAKSHI"  to "Smt JALAJAKSHI" as this will gets traced easily if the EC is compared for last 12 -15 years.
3\ Is it possible to update the name correctly in KATHA of seller as the problem started with KATHA and ita reference point.
   Please note that i am yet to apply for Katha transfer.

Thanks in advance

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register